MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System created by -G33K-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our forum has the plugin "Thank You/Like System" that was created by -G33K-.  We have version 1.6.  It has worked fine until we upgraded the forum software to 1.8.  Now our Like system isn't working with Tapatalk.

I can't see that there's an update to this plugin, but I see that there's another plugin that seems to do something similar.  My concern is that we'll lose all the Likes that have been previously recorded if we change from one plugin to another.

Is there a way to make this functional again without losing all our data for the Likes?

OK, it appears that the similar plugin is actually an update to the plugin we have.  But can I just install the latest version of this updated plugin?  Or do I need to start back at an older version and upgrade in stages?
(2020-12-07, 04:19 AM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]OK, it appears that the similar plugin is actually an update to the plugin we have.

Yes, assuming you're referring to this plugin: Thank You/Like System+MyAlerts & Tapatalk support

(2020-12-07, 04:19 AM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]But can I just install the latest version of this updated plugin?  Or do I need to start back at an older version and upgrade in stages?

It should be sufficient to simply follow the instructions under Upgrading to version 3.0.0 or above of the plugin's README.md, but it would be safest to perform a backup beforehand just to be sure.
Thank you!
I am working on the same issue. We are using Thank You/Like System+MyAlerts & Tapatalk support and it is upgraded to the latest version (3.4.2). However, the Tapatalk likes button does not actually record the likes. If you leave the thread and come back, the like will no longer be recorded. Is that more likely something wrong with how Tapatalk interacts with the plugin/MyBB in general?
I suggest that you contact Tapatalk about this. Debugging that plugin is beyond the scope of us Thank You/Like System developers.