MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP redirects to home page not back end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I changed severs and when they transferred everything over I lost access to admin CP. It simply redirects me to the forum home page anytime I click it. I am assuming it is a line of code that didn't get transferred over. I am using cPanel and do not know where to start. 

thanks
(2020-12-07, 08:21 PM)tucci905 Wrote: [ -> ]I changed severs and when they transferred everything over I lost access to admin CP. It simply redirects me to the forum home page anytime I click it. I am assuming it is a line of code that didn't get transferred over. I am using cPanel and do not know where to start. 

thanks

What happens when you manually enter the url to the admin cp?
Number of ways you can troubleshoot this, but just mousing over the admincp link should tell what you need to know.  You can also check the .../inc/config.php - search for 'admin_dir'.  That value will be called in the relevant templates.  With cpanel, check the files are there and have the required permissions.
(2020-12-07, 09:02 PM)tomjay78 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-07, 08:21 PM)tucci905 Wrote: [ -> ]I changed severs and when they transferred everything over I lost access to admin CP. It simply redirects me to the forum home page anytime I click it. I am assuming it is a line of code that didn't get transferred over. I am using cPanel and do not know where to start. 

thanks

What happens when you manually enter the url to the admin cp?
It directs me to the forum home page

thanks

Maybe that post can hel to you to fix that, chek the information of support for .m. 

Maybe that post can help to fix

https://community.mybb.com/thread-209824-post-1271044.html#pid1271044

(2020-12-07, 09:07 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Number of ways you can troubleshoot this, but just mousing over the admincp link should tell what you need to know.  You can also check the .../inc/config.php - search for 'admin_dir'.  That value will be called in the relevant templates.  With cpanel, check the files are there and have the required permissions.
when I mouse over the admincp it gives me domain.com/admin/index.php which redirects me to the forum home page.

Where  can in find  .../inc/config.php?
(2020-12-07, 11:27 PM)tucci905 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-07, 09:07 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Number of ways you can troubleshoot this, but just mousing over the admincp link should tell what you need to know.  You can also check the .../inc/config.php - search for 'admin_dir'.  That value will be called in the relevant templates.  With cpanel, check the files are there and have the required permissions.
when I mouse over the admincp it gives me domain.com/admin/index.php which redirects me to the forum home page.

Where  can in find .../inc/config.php?

Forum root - where your forum is installed - /inc/config.php.  But at this point I'd navigate to "domain.com/admin/" in cpanel and check if the files are present and have suitable permissions.  755 should do it.  Index.php and a bunch of sub-directories should be there.

Seems quite odd to be redirecting without a "not found" or "unauthorized" error message, which makes me think of 301 or 302 redirects.  So I'd check for a redirect through cpanel as well.  If you're not sure how to do this, you can check via your browser developer console. Or ask your host, since I assume they placed the files.

Edit:  Just read @DiegoPino's post.  You didn't mention anything about TLS (ssl), but it's best to have the cookie secure flag correct for the protocol in use.  Don't recall seeing this sort of behaviour, but best to be sure anyway.
Also worth checking any httaccess in terms of directory forwarding / auto-redirection / rewrite rules.

[ExiTuS]