MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2000 members. Host?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. 
I learn every day new things. 
I was thinking I can host for free or cheap but today i read some things in internet and I got little bit scared. 

I did research and some hosts would shut down my site if I pass limits. 

I need help to understand what host is good in my case. 

Facts:
I will not start with 0 members. For month the forum will be full
My group is 1300 registered members 
Pic : https://prnt.sc/w3yqbu 
Total with the not registered members is probably around 2000.
(why in my group not everyone is registered is different story) 
Anyway. 
Total registered + not registered = around 2000.

I am not sure how much trafic in hosting site my forum will make but i want to know what host is recommended in my case and what premium plan. 
I am pretty sure at least 2000 - 5000 views per day my forum would have. 

What is the correct host for me?
Bluehost, DreamHost, Surpass, A2 Hosting.
First of all, the number of members is not essential for sizing ressources - never! It's just a count of records in the database Smile
More essential is the number of online members and visitors per day consuming utilization and bandwidth.

If your current forum is already hosted on a webspace, then you may access the statistics page of that service and check the usage and traffic for reference.

If you want to move your current forum to another webhoster while supposing a rising number of accounts and activity: Then chose any hosting with unlimited traffic to be safe for future.

Im my opinion, don't care utilization of a forum with 2000 members registered. Most hosting services are dynamically ranged in terms of CPU capacity (fine to run a website like MyBB) but limited in space and traffic. So most take care of these both!

Furthermore the new webhosting must provide a database engine (e.g. MySQL) an PHP.

[ExiTuS]
I would recommend renting a VPS for like 5-10 dollars a month, install vestaCP and you're good to go. You wouldn't need to worry about such things and have full control of the vps.
Don't go with free hosting, that's all have to say.
Using VPS could be good but you need to dedicate time to manage server stuff.
Shared hosting is also a really good option and I don't see a problem unless your hosting is not able to handle traffic.

Regards
WallBB
If you want something affordable, I can recommend Namecheap they have some great support and the hosting is very affordable. They usually have some deals to have the first year cheaper.

If you have more budget, I'd definitely recommend Amazon AWS, very stable and scalable hosting platform. You can run MyBB inside a container on an EC2 instance for example. Very easy to setup but costs more than Namecheap, depending on which server size you take.

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/Bi...B00QBWCXO2
You can get a DigitalOcean droplet and get well with it.
https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

You might be able to find cheaper options.
Thanks to all answers, i have purchased premium in DreamHost.