MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Programmatically adding new forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to be able to programmatically create new forums however I've run into a problem and can't see where I'm going wrong.

I've got a php script which is populating the mybb_forums table with the new forum details. Once I've ran this script however, users can not see the new forums, nor do they show up in the admin control panel.

There's no difference in the mybb_forums table between forums my script has created and forums created by adding them from the admin control panel, but there must be something else that happens when the admin control panel creates a forum in order for it to work.

Strangely enough, if I run my script to create the new forums, and then go to the admin control panel and create a new forum or category, at the point the forums that my script created do show up.

Anyone got any ideas of what I need to do to get this to work without having to create a forum in the admin control panel after I've ran my script?

Just solved my own problem, I needed to update the mybb_datacache table too.
When you add the forums using your script did you set them to active ?
You just found the created forum in the control panel so your script is working fine , try to refresh the cache in ACP .