MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: external users they cannot see the home page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, i have a big problem after create a mybb site.
in the home page i can see login and register,
but if i'm a visitor, i can see the home page without
registration and i can move inside the forum and also
download some files for free.

what i ask is that i want external users must see
a different page, where they cannot see nothing
what is inside the forum and for do this
they must only register or do the login.

how is possible to do this ???

thank very much.
Hiding forums for specific groups can be achieved with settings in ACP -> Forum & Posts:
Choose your forum(s) and edit the "Permissins".

For example: Revoke "View" for Guests.

[ExiTuS]
[ExiTuS] option will hide the forums to guest but guest will still be able to view profiles and other areas of your forum. If you want to require guests to register or login to view anything, go to:

ADMIN CP --> CONFIGURATION --> LOGIN & REGISTRATION OPTIONS --> FORCE USERS TO LOGIN: Ensure this option is set to yes and then save your settings. Smile
(2020-12-23, 01:24 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]Hiding forums for specific groups can be achieved with settings in ACP -> Forum & Posts:
Choose your forum(s) and edit the "Permissins".

For example: Revoke "View" for Guests.

[ExiTuS]

thank you very much.

(2020-12-24, 05:38 PM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ][ExiTuS] option will hide the forums to guest but guest will still be able to view profiles and other areas of your forum. If you want to require guests to register or login to view anything, go to:

ADMIN CP --> CONFIGURATION --> LOGIN & REGISTRATION OPTIONS --> FORCE USERS TO LOGIN: Ensure this option is set to yes and then save your settings. Smile
hi thank youy.
i have seen: force to login, but this one not:
SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id='3'
(2020-12-31, 01:23 AM)un_ottico1965 Wrote: [ -> ]hi thank youy.

That is because > SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id='3' is my signature and not part of the post. Smile
(2020-12-31, 04:18 AM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-31, 01:23 AM)un_ottico1965 Wrote: [ -> ]hi thank youy.

That is because > SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id='3' is my signature and not part of the post. Smile
ah ok, very well, then.
thank you.