MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shared Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to have 5 websites share 1- 50mb database. All sites are on the same server. What problem could I have?

Is is possibe? Is it realistic?

-Rick
It would be possible, but 1-50mb is really too little and it will be fast that you will exceed the 50mb
Thanks, all our databases come in 50 mb. partitions. So I guess 50 is a
problem for multiple sites, but would 50 be ok for just 1 site then?
(I hope)

-Rick
It depends on the size of your forum...if theres only 5 people visiting and posting threads, it would last LONGER, but eventutally it will meet the limit. Most of the time, database size is part of your hosting size.
This is a little important to us.

All photos go to the normal website disc, I can see that in the files,
and we thought the PM and Post conversations did also. ??
But I guess not.

So what actually goes on the database?

-Rick
Forums, Threads, Posts, Users, Usergroups, Profile Fields, Themes, Templates, Moderators, and Private Messages, are the big ones to name, that I can think of.
Not without heavy modification.

Because MyBB only has a need for one database, there is no such feature to span MyBB across multiple installations, as well as, multiple databases.

Although, I do believe it is possible for multiple installations to attach to one database, although you would get the same output for every forum that uses it, but even this itself might need some kind of coding. So you're idea wouldn't work, as you'd still need multiple databases in case you go over the 50 MB limit.