MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You Like System Update Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

my mybb versions are 1.8.21 and 1.8.24
plugin update from 2.1.x to 3.3.9
(no in readme described table mybb_allerts)

The update needs a long time and after updating plugin from 2.1.x to 3.3.9 i got this message

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1060 - Duplicate column name 'tyl_last_alerted_tyl_id'Query:ALTER TABLE mybb_posts ADD tyl_last_alerted_tyl_id int unsigned NOT NULL default '0'
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

I saw, that there is a newer version 3.4. I thoght I can fix the error with the newer version and so i had deactivated, copied and activated the newer plugin. Now I have this messages in acp:

Missing index(es):

The uid_dateline index is missing from the mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike database table. This index speeds up the generation of the tabulated display of thank you / like statistics in member profiles. Click here to create it. If the mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike database table has a lot of entries, the creation of this index might take some time.
The puid_dateline index is missing from the mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike database table. This index speeds up the generation of the tabulated display of thank you / like statistics in member profiles. Click here to create it. If the mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike database table has a lot of entries, the creation of this index might take some time.
The puid_uid index is missing from the mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike database table. This index speeds up the generation of the tabulated display of thank you / like statistics in member profiles. Click here to create it. If the mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike database table has a lot of entries, the creation of this index might take some time.
The puid_pid index is missing from the mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike database table. This index speeds up the determination of the trophy post in member profiles. Click here to create it. If the mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike database table has a lot of entries, the creation of this index might take some time.

and I start creating indexes manually. But I didn't know, if this update fix the errors :-(
If by "creating indexes manually" you mean that you clicked "here" where you were advised to in the ACP, then, yes, that's all that's required. And yes, the latest release (by taking this approach) should avoid the errors you experienced in the earlier release.

One other thing: just to be sure, after manually creating the indexes in this way, please deactivate and then reactivate the plugin. This will ensure that the upgrade process completes successfully. Perhaps it is not necessary, but it's safe to do anyway.
Hi,

thanks for your answer. Yes, I meaned to click "Here" and I followed your hint. 

wish you a happy new year,