MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Trying To Send Through PHP Even Though SMTP Has Been Configured?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a new install done via Softaculous in a cPanel shared hosting package. Details in the attachment.

I know that my host has blocked PHP mail, so I am trying to use SMTP.

I have created an account in my hosting package for this.

The credentials, when put in to Outlook, work fine.

When I put them in to MyBB, it fails every time, but the error I get is "MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function"

This would lead me to believe that for some reason MyBB isn't trying to use the SMTP send, but PHP...which I know won't work.

I was expecting some sort of SMTP error if this wasn't going to work, not a PHP mail function error?

Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the "from" address the failed mail is sent from, when I inspect it in the 'system mail log' isn't the same as the "from" address that is specified in 'Configuration/Site Details/Admin Email'

It's almost like I'm configuring items in the admin site, but it isn't being reflected in the subsequent scripts that run.

Anyone got any insight here?

Thanks!