MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: y'all need to release 1.9 now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That's why I've seen threads about 2.0 in 2011. I think people just forget about the fact that MyBB is open source and most of the times proprietary software is more popular and well taken care of because they make money. As far as forum softwares goes most people just go with a paid proprietary one.

And I'm still developing a mybb theme because it's fun! This template system is already really really fine for people who are familiar with it.
(2021-02-22, 09:39 PM)Nihility Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I've seen threads about 2.0 in 2011. I think people just forget about the fact that MyBB is open source and most of the times proprietary software is more popular and well taken care of because they make money. As far as forum softwares goes most people just go with a paid proprietary one.

And I'm still developing a mybb theme because it's fun! This template system is already really really fine for people who are familiar with it.

Yes, and internally it was earlier than that. It's just how it goes sometimes, and having been on the team since 2008, I can assure you everyone has always been working hard and has wanted to get releases out as much as anybody else (if not more), which is why I always try and stick up for the team as a whole in threads like this.

Software like XF, vB and IPB can develop like they do because it's their 9-5 full time job and they have a team of full time salaried staff, but we don't, so we work with what we have. Unfortunately for a lot of people it's just easier to complain that to contribute (as in OP not you), so we appreciate people who do make that effort.
Pages: 1 2 3