MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Export Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Export Posts is a plugin for MyBB 1.8. It provides members with a tool to export their posts, optionally including attachments. The tool is heavily based on the core tool to export private messages.

Installing
  1. Download.
    Download an archive of the plugin's files.
  2. Copy files.
    Extract the files in that archive to a temporary location, and then copy the files in "root" into the root of your MyBB installation.
  3. Install via the ACP.
    In a web browser, open the "Plugins" module in the ACP of your MyBB installation. You should see "Export Posts" under "Inactive Plugins". Click "Install & Activate" next to it. You should then see the plugin listed under "Active Plugins" on the reloaded page.
  4. Configure settings.
    Navigate in the ACP to Settings -> Plugin Settings -> Export Posts and configure a private temporary directory.
Licence

Export Posts is licensed under the GPL version 3.

Maintainers and credits

Export Posts was originally authored by Laird to be maintained by the unofficial MyBB Group.

Contributing

Feel free to open an issue or send a pull request to the plugin's GitHub repository.
Hey, thank you for your contribution, once again an interesting idea ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Smile

I still need to check, but first thing I noticed to give feedback was the addition of hooks. However, note that when inside a function scope hooks should have some arguments passed by reference or variables should be added to the global scope. Otherwise hooks would end up being less useful.

I will review eventually, most if not all of your plugins are honestly interesting.
This is a great idea! Thank you buddy!
(2021-01-07, 11:13 AM)Omarย G. Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, thank you for your contribution, once again an interesting idea ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Smile

Thanks! Smile

(2021-01-07, 11:13 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I still need to check, but first thing I noticed to give feedback was the addition of hooks. However, note that when inside a function scope hooks should have some arguments passed by reference or variables should be added to the global scope. Otherwise hooks would end up being less useful.

Yes, good point. If you do end up reviewing the plugin, I'd be interested in your advice on how to improve the hooks it provides.

(2021-01-07, 11:13 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I will review eventually, most if not all of your plugins are honestly interesting.

Thanks again. Looking forward to your review.

(2021-01-07, 08:18 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]This is a great idea! Thank you buddy!

Cheers buddy!
Wow Laird, this is a really interesting plugin.
Can users who can use this functionality be restricted depending on usergroup?
(2021-01-08, 03:29 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Wow Laird, this is a really interesting plugin.

Thanks, WallBB.

(2021-01-08, 03:29 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Can users who can use this functionality be restricted depending on usergroup?

Not currently, but I've added it as GitHub issue #1.
Version 1.0.2 released:
  • Fixes some copy-paste typos in language strings: (conversation) messages => posts.
  • Sets missing collapse-related array entries to avert PHP 8 warnings.
  • Improves the stipulated MIME type for CSV output.
  • Adds capitalisation to the names of some HTTP headers.
  • Adds membership of the unofficial MyBB Group to the plugin's credits.
I forgot to check for outstanding issues to be resolved, so, unfortunately, @WallBB, this release doesn't implement usergroup restrictions.
Thanks Laird, I have to install it now ๐Ÿš€