MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No activation email is sent when sent to Gmail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After users register, no activation email is sent and this apparently takes place when the activation email is from  gmail.com
I tested it myself with a gmail email and the activation email did not reach me.  I checked the Spam Folder and it wasn't there either.
Then someone registered with a gmail email and the same happened. I saw that his registration was pending email activation.
I tested registering with a non-gmail account and the activation email was received.
But the interesting thing is that I send an email to the same person awaiting activation email from the Users and Groups (Options), and the email is received.
So, the only emails that are not being received are the activation emails when they are gmail emails.
I use PHP email and I have tested it with the PHP coded file and PHP is sending. 
It's like Gmail selects what email to deliver and which not. Don't know what could the activation emails have for not reaching the inbox.
This Forum is relatively newly installed and with practically no users

All of a sudden the new registration also coming from a gmail email received the activation link. do not ask me what happened.
Same here Sad, I configured it with PHP Mail
Hello!
I have the same problem! Only user' s with email adress gmail do not receive a notification email when a private message has been written!
Help us please!
THX in advance!
Maybe you need to use smtp to send mail
Hello,

gmail works fine with registering you need to contact your host and ask them whether they allow the use of PHP's mail() function as many hosts disallow that since that function is often abused by spammers .Your host is the onlyone who can tell you .
PHP Mail can be problematic sometimes. You can use SMTP to send mails. If your host supports it, you can set it up via your host itself. Otherwise, you can use services like SendInBlue or Gmail SMTP to set it up.

Omar has written a great tutorial on setting up Gmail SMTP in MyBB and you can find it here.