MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: login Authorization code mismatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My installation decided to update on it's own to 1.8.24, not sure when, because honestly, the forum is a ghost town on my website.  The error only became apparent when my union (the subject of the website) decided to start arguing about COVID issues recently, and a couple of members reported the error to me.

I've been searching this forum, but haven't found anything helpful or recent.  I followed drguild's instructions from 2018, but I'm using the default template and themes already, and my member_login template already matched the corrected example they gave.

Fortunately, I have a backup from 1.8.14, and restoring that makes everything work again. 

I am using MyBB via the Softalicious installer through my GreenGeeks hosting.  I tried updating to .24 again purposefully, using Softalicious and clicking through the post update steps, but got the same results, so reverted again.  Also noticed after updating, the login screen throws a pop up warning about the sign in not being secure.

Seems like this is something that caused a lot of headaches at 1.8.16, but most people resolved and moved on.  Guess I'm bringing up the rear.
Make sure the board's cookie settings are correct: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login-problems/

If the forum is not using HTTPS (it should), web browsers may display warnings related to security and privacy.

You can share the forum URL so we can investigate further.