MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Regular care for forum site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello 
My site :  grparrow.com 

To take care of forum I understood that I need to keep eye on these:
-ssl certificate date of expiration 
-domain date of expiration 
-Mybb daily backups
-Plugins update & mybb updates
-cloudflare 

Question 1:
What else I should add in the above list and what else I should know to take care of my forum site? 

Question 2:
If I delete thread /post forever from my forum site, this is automatically deleted from MySQL databases or I have to do something to delete the not needed cache? 

I would be thankful for any answers.
Hi,

1] 
  • Error logs of the server and Server load.
  • Bot control (not only spam, they consume resources of your server).
  •  Posts in your forum (maybe your forum is legal, but if 1 user post something illegal, you'll have to delete it ASAP)
2] If you "hard delete" the thread (there's a "soft delete" option in MYBB that keeps the message for certain groups or users), it should dissapear from the DB, but it'll remain in your backups  Wink
(2021-01-15, 01:00 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

1] 
  • Error logs of the server and Server load.
  • Bot control (not only spam, they consume resources of your server).
  •  Posts in your forum (maybe your forum is legal, but if 1 user post something illegal, you'll have to delete it ASAP)
2] If you "hard delete" the thread (there's a "soft delete" option in MYBB that keeps the message for certain groups or users), it should dissapear from the DB, but it'll remain in your backups  Wink
Hello thanks for the answer 

If I delete post, how to remove it from the new backups Big Grin
(2021-01-15, 01:20 PM)grouparrow Wrote: [ -> ]If I delete post, how to remove it from the new backups Big Grin

If you delete it before the backup it'll be removed in the backup. I was talking about previous backups before you delete it Toungue
Thanks for the answers.