MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tabbed Menu 2.0.2 - Broken on 1.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
See below.[Image: PrF.gif]
(2021-01-18, 03:16 PM)vossi Wrote: [ -> ].....

While from what I gather Jesse created 1.x (2009) for 1.4 and v2.0.2 (2012) for 1.6 usage and from the sounds of it the plug was not planned to be updated by dev to 1.8, it does appear to work at least on the back-end though there are some issues as you have noted.

Firstly notice those future conflict warnings above? those are simple to fix...,

open admin/modules/forum/tabmenu.php and search for all instances of

width =>

and change to:

'width' =>

note: that there are a few more than the warnings list so ignore only looking for the mentioned line numbers and just search for and modify all that you find and those pesky little future warnings will be removed.

ie:
[Image: Tabbed-Menu-1.png]

As far as the other issue you show, I haven't looked at Jessie's plugin since like 2009 until just now and all seems to be working fine for me on initially trying of v2.0.2 on 1.8.24 and I have not yet been able to recreate your other issue on the backend via my localhost so perhaps someone that has had that issue can respond and help you further but the first thing I notice is that you are attempting to assign 2 categories to 1 tab when I am guessing that might not be how the plugin works (though I could be wrong as yatt and other such tuts back in the day did allow for such though not so sure with the dynamic drive tabbed script that Jesse used hence my assumption??) and perhaps each tab must be assigned an individual available/unassigned category??? Perhaps try assigning only one available unassigned category to the tab to sort out your issue?

*** Update: ok, yes, I stand corrected that you can assign more than one category but there is a step you must do else you will run into the issue you are having and the step you must do is deselect "Keep category settings." and it will work correctly as "assigned categories must be overwritten with new settings"

ie:
[Image: Tabbed-Menu-2.png]

[Image: Tabbed-Menu-3.png]

also note: in the tabbed.css attached to your theme the "images/thead_bg.gif" was removed from mybb back in the day and needs to be changed to reflect such change as follows "images/thead.png". Also note in that same styling for .shadetabs li a
you could add:

border-top-left-radius: 6px;
border-top-right-radius: 6px;

and in .shadetabs

change:
margin-left: 0px;

to
margin-left: 10px;

so that the tabs have rounded top borders more matching to current "mybb feel" and are pushed a little bit away from the edge as the original plugin styling was for way back when mybb did not have rounded corners by default at all. Wink

Ie:
[Image: Forums-2.png]

.shadetabs li a{
text-decoration: none;
position: relative;
z-index: 1;
padding: 3px 7px;
margin-right: 3px;
color: #000000;	
background: #DDDDDD;	
border: 1px solid #BBBBBB;
border-top-left-radius: 6px;
border-top-right-radius: 6px;		
}

.shadetabs li a.selected{ /*selected main tab style */
color: #FFFFFF;	
background:#007ED5;		
border-bottom-color: #007ED5;	
}

Also note: if you find the front-end not responding don't forget the headerinclude addition in headerinclude template:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/tabcontent.js"></script>

*the reason for that is that the plugin template insert for headerinclude needs to be modified to work again so until such it does not install that template insert and must be done manually

ie:
"headerinclude", '#newpmmsg}#', 'newpmmsg}

no longer exists but could be changed to something like for example:

"headerinclude", '#stylesheets}#', 'stylesheets}

ie: [attachment=43814] * aforementioned edits applied

Anyhoo, best of luck. Wink