MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: activation link email = spam in gmail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
gmail treats the email that is sent to you after you sign up that contains the activation link as spam. i waited in vain far ages b4 finally figureing it out. just thought i should mention that.

oh and myBB is the absolute best forum software i have come across. even better than vBulliten coz it is free Big Grin good job guys
I am ressurrecting this post as I wonder if there is anything else we can do at myBB configuration to prevent gmail from considering the registration messages as spam...

(I know that we probably can do that in gmail but most of the new forum users wont know that they will get the registration message as a spam...)

Any hint?
use smtp (of your webhost) instead of php mail.
make sure your from adress is set to a valid one (of the same webhost / of your domain).

I think I have a google mail account somewhere but not used it in ages, maybe a look at the full mail headers as google stores them in your mail account can reveal some info as to why google classified it as spam.