MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB/inc/config.php ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cant remember what version i started off using 3 years ago but i can assure you that i have upgraded eachtime it mentioned in the Admin panel of MyBB. I know I am up to date  ver.1.8.24 (1824) !!

Moving forward I am now using Linux since the beginging of this year and i wanted to take advantage of some of the fastesest softwares that linux offers for webhosting.

Someonebody that I had reached out to on Youtube a week ago, this person was polite and extremly kind to me and he decided that he wasnted to make a video using Ubuntu Server he went head installed mybb  with nginx,php, along with redis as the memcache it's a great tutorial for anyone whos a beginer with linux.

So once this gentleman reached the part of the conf file i noticed it had an extra few lines specifically for redis server to help with cache. Unfortunlty and strangly enoughI compared the config file and Iit's defaintly not matching up So what i would like to know is the following ifi I  copy just the redis and a few lines of code is there by chance any other places I  would also have to do modifications or I'm ok?

/**
 * Redis configuration
 *  If you are using Redis as your data-cache
 *  you need to configure the hostname and port
 *  of your redis server below. If you want
 *  to connect via unix sockets, use the full
 *  path to the unix socket as host and leave
 *  the port setting unconfigured or false.
 */
$config['redis']['host'] = 'localhost';
$config['redis']['port'] = 6379;

/**
Hi, if you add these lines you should be fine and the feature should work.

Edits to the config.php file are usually avoided during upgrades as far as I recall. So as updates are released it is possible you will need to update the file yourself.

If I'm mistaken I'm sure another member will jump in to correct me.
(2021-01-19, 08:52 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, if you add these lines you should be fine and the feature should work.

Edits to the config.php file are usually avoided during upgrades as far as I recall. So as updates are released it is possible you will need to update the file yourself.

If I'm mistaken I'm sure another member will jump in to correct me.

@Omar G,  Many thanks for the quick reply and answer.