MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Download Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Rob Wrote:My forum is Http://www.tussaudtimes.co.uk/forums i have put that bit of code in so you can see what it comes out like. The code is only in once but 2 download buttons appere above everything else.

Thanks for your help

I don't see any downloads links at the URL provided. I'm guessing that's because it's a theme with a non-default MyBB header template and the link hasn't yet been added. For the other themes however, if two links are showing instead of one, it is most likely that this is because the downloads icon hasn't been uploaded to the correct location so the alternate text for the image (Downloads) is being shown, thus creating two links named "Downloads".

To fix this, ensure that the included downloads.png file has been uploaded to the toplinks folder of your theme. For the default theme, this directory should be images/toplinks/, although for other forums the directory will be slightly different, images/{theme_name}/toplinks/.
ok i got it to apper in the original theme but not in a theme i downloaded. Also the PJIRC Chat doesn't apper either but i think it must be me doing somthing wrong. Sorry to be a pain im just new to this. Thanks
Did you activate the plugin before adding the new theme to your board, or did you add the new theme first and then activate the plugin?
I got it to work on the original board but still had to add that code. I cant get it to work on the board i want to use without it showing twice above everything else
hello there musical midget, can you tell me a fix on
letting the download section to allow uploading a link ?
meaning, i will upload them to ftp manually and add a link only in
download section.

uploading bigger fails thru web is a hassle..
That's not currently possible in this version. Downloads can only be uploaded through the user interface.

Instead, my old "Links Section" plugin will be updated soon and can be used to link to existing links/files already on the web, meaning you could upload a file through FTP and add it as a link. I currently have no idea when I'll be able to release the updated plugin however.

Since more people than I imagined seemed to like the way the old version 1 of the plugin worked, I'd be willing to consider adding this back into the new version, so as downloads can be uploaded through the interface or linked to with a URL. I'll probably post a new topic in the discussion section soon to collect opinions on this, so do watch out for it. Smile
thanks. will be waiting for it ^^
Quick question... can you restrict to certain types of files - like say only MP3's?
musicalmidget Wrote:The plugin uses settings from the default MyBB attachment system, so only file types which you allow as attachment types are allowed to be added to the download section. Additionally, the maximum size of a file is also dependant on the relevant attachment settings for files of that type.

Smile
Derr... thanks. :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5