MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: There was a problem communicating with the version server. Please try again in a few
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I get that message every time i click check for updates in the admincp or check for plugin updates also "try again in a few minutes" should be "try again in a few days" wakeup mybb this is annoying ....
Did the update check run correctly before?
Hello,

Yes that check worked fine until last Sunday i do have PHP with cURL and file_get_contents() enabled i thought that "version server" was down but the problem is still there .I'll have a look whether there is an error_log in my admincp directory that might mention a clue to the issue cause.
Hello,

I do have a error_log in my admin directory but nothing related to this error .A few days ago i implemented CSP (Content Security Policy) i'm starting to think this issue is being caused by CSP.
Hello,

Finally solved this issue it seems there was a problem with the cURL extension in my PHP build not allowing ssl connections while i had a scp policy that requires ssl so the solution is to edit php.ini curl.cainfo and openssl.cafile set that to the correct path and restart your server .Shared hosting users will have to contact there host editing php.ini needs root access.