MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: YouTube video uploader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To upload videos to youtube by admin preconfigured admin channel

1. upload the video to youtube
  2. On youtube video description to insert forum-thread url 
  3. Insert uploaded video into post 
youtube API is out there so can be done
You want video attachments to be uploaded to Youtube or rather allow users to upload to Youtube directly from posts?

Do you want to upload all videos to the same Youtube account or to the uploader Youtube account?
probably I couldn't describe this properly

(2021-02-09, 12:23 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You want video attachments to be uploaded to Youtube or rather allow users to upload to Youtube directly from posts?

No video attachments to be stored on forum itself. So upload to youtube directly from posts

(2021-02-09, 12:23 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want to upload all videos to the same Youtube account or to the uploader Youtube account?

1 single account predefined in admin panel. No separate accounts for different uploaders
Hi, you would need a plugin for that. I think such a plugin would require to be paid for, as the last and only video upload plugin I can remember was never officially released years ago.
It is very much possible but if there are going to be video uploads in large scale, you may will end up needing dedicated server, very unlikely that may happen.
(2021-02-12, 09:28 AM)snlbaral Wrote: [ -> ]It is very much possible but if there are going to be video uploads in large scale, you may will end up needing dedicated server, very unlikely that may happen.

why would I need a dedicated server if all upload is processed by youtube, not local server?

(2021-02-12, 08:18 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, you would need a plugin for that. I think such a plugin would require to be paid for, as the last and only video upload plugin I can remember was never officially released years ago.

the trouble with custom paid plugins is getting support
You upgrade one little thing, either PHP version or CMS version just for one number after third dot and the chances are nothing works. 
Then you will contact one single person created this plugin for the likes of weeks just to have a look what's wrong
Another couple of weeks to get it fixed. 
Being there
It will require bandwidth because you are not using YouTube server to upload videos. you are using your own website's server to upload videos to YouTube. You do not require storage space but you'll require some bandwidth.
The thing is, I doubt this will be ever coded for free. Anyways, good luck with your search, which might result successful.