MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Security Expert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi ,
It would be a pleasure for me to assist you with your requirement as I have successfully accomplished the projects in the same domain.
You can reach me on S-K-Y-P-E: live:.cid.baff7c7dd9471b54 for a formal quote. I am sure the price will be very reasonable.
Hoping for prompt response.
Thanks,
Trish
There are many who are very informed and are highly knowledgeable in this field, and great responses have been posted in this thread. I wouldn't call myself an expert, so always listen to any advice that people offer on this subject. However, I have been running MyBB forums for nearly 10 years and have developed various plugins and themes over the years, and have audited others for security by various requests in the past. It's certainly something I've taken equally seriously.

The single best thing you can do is keep MyBB updated. I cannot possibly stress this enough. If a new version is released, you absolutely must update immediately. This is because vulnerabilities become public if when the patches are announced. Anyone can quickly hack your website if they realize you are using an outdated MybB version.

(This affects websites using ANY software, not just MyBB! No matter which software you use, it is imperitive to always update promptly. Even if your software is only out-of-date by a single day, it still opens the door for hackers to get in).

Also, be very careful about which plugins you trust. I've encountered countless vulnerabilities in third-party plugins over the years, some of which I've patched myself or reported to the developers, others of which were so insecure that they simply could not be trusted entirely. I've found this out the hard way (trust me, it's not fun). Most of the ones on the MyBB mod site are fairly trustworthy. Make sure to strictly use plugins from the official mod database and avoid any third-party plugins unless they are from a trusted, reputable developer who is well known around here. It also is important to check for updates on popular plugins, as they are usually released quickly in the event that any vulnerability exists.

Besides that, make sure to use secure passwords, and the DVZ hash plugin is also a good plugin to add. This plugin makes it harder to decode passwords in the event that you do get hacked. Admin CP honeypots are also good, and renaming the ACP directory is generally good practice as well.

Otherwise, just follow good practices and enjoy running your forum. We're always here to help in any way you need. Smile

Best regards,
-Darth
(2021-01-29, 05:40 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]There are many who are very informed and are highly knowledgeable in this field, and great responses have been posted in this thread. I wouldn't call myself an expert, so always listen to any advice that people offer on this subject. However, I have been running MyBB forums for nearly 10 years and have developed various plugins and themes over the years, and have audited others for security by various requests in the past. It's certainly something I've taken equally seriously.

The single best thing you can do is keep MyBB updated. I cannot possibly stress this enough. If a new version is released, you absolutely must update immediately. This is because vulnerabilities become public if when the patches are announced. Anyone can quickly hack your website if they realize you are using an outdated MybB version.

(This affects websites using ANY software, not just MyBB! No matter which software you use, it is imperitive to always update promptly. Even if your software is only out-of-date by a single day, it still opens the door for hackers to get in).

Also, be very careful about which plugins you trust. I've encountered countless vulnerabilities in third-party plugins over the years, some of which I've patched myself or reported to the developers, others of which were so insecure that they simply could not be trusted entirely. I've found this out the hard way (trust me, it's not fun). Most of the ones on the MyBB mod site are fairly trustworthy. Make sure to strictly use plugins from the official mod database and avoid any third-party plugins unless they are from a trusted, reputable developer who is well known around here. It also is important to check for updates on popular plugins, as they are usually released quickly in the event that any vulnerability exists.

Besides that, make sure to use secure passwords, and the DVZ hash plugin is also a good plugin to add. This plugin makes it harder to decode passwords in the event that you do get hacked. Admin CP honeypots are also good, and renaming the ACP directory is generally good practice as well.

Otherwise, just follow good practices and enjoy running your forum. We're always here to help in any way you need. Smile

Best regards,
-Darth
Thanks a lot for you're answer. 

I have follow all documentation which is in mybb for secure my forum so i will follow you're tips too Smile 

I will install the DVZ hash plugin Smile

I have other question about the post toolbar but i have asked in an other topic but i don't get any answer Sad 

Have a good day
Pages: 1 2