MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just a goddbye to everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, all must have an end.

for first time in 15 years I get a warning because I said to an user of this forum that "this is an adult's talk" (because he/she was spamming of a product relative to MyBB and the thread didn't verse about that). 

As I see (personal point of view, and no names cited mods, hope I could pass censorship), this forum didn't want people who points the problems the software has, and it's OK, it's not my forum so the rules change or become whatever the owner wants.

I'm sad after all these years to see what was an enthusiastic software full of open-minded people, who listen, create and want to show to the world his product, to this. Hope this situtation could be reverted soon, but I don't want to waste more time waiting for it.

I'm out and hoping you all take care of yourselves and your loving ones in these hards times, that is the most important thing in life.

See you all in the Internet!  Wink
I don't know the circumstances, context, and ongoing interactions, so take this for what it's worth, but hey, it seems a shame to quit after fifteen good years because of a single warning. It would be great if you could talk to the mod(s) involved and resolve the situation or at least come to an understanding rather than cut loose. Your presence here is valuable - I hope you don't deprive us of it too hastily.
@NoRules please don't go... we all the users who admire your work , help , we all with you...

Please talk to mods and have a discussion with them....

please don't quite like this...
Hey NoRules,

It definitely would be a shame to see you go, but the decision is entirely yours. I won't go into too much detail in the public domain, feel free to either PM me or open a thread in the Private Inquiries section if you do wish to discuss it further privately.

It is indeed the case that a warning has been issue for the reasons you mentioned, because we must remember that the Community is open to a wide range of people from all different ethnic and religious backgrounds who may take offence to your post as the team felt it was quite Passive Agressive. The warning is also due to expire within a relatively short time-frame.

That being said, from my prespective I wouldn't let a warning stop you from contributing to the Community and feeling like you no longer have a place in the Community, we have quite well known members with warnings and perhaps even had some team members with a warning in the past. Although you have been issued a warning no one from this Community will view you in a different light nor will we vaule your experience or opinion in a less favourable manner it is meerly just a record.

But as I started of saying, at the end of the day the decision is entirely yours and should you choose to leave then I would like to thank you for your contributions so far and genuinely wish you and your family all the best moving forward at this difficult time in the world and we would be sorry to see you go.
(2021-01-29, 08:45 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Well, all must have an end.

for first time in 15 years.....

I'm sad after all these years to see what was an enthusiastic software full of open-minded people, who listen, create and want to show to the world his product, to this. Hope this situtation could be reverted soon, but I don't want to waste more time waiting for it.

I'm out and hoping you all take care of yourselves and your loving ones in these hards times, that is the most important thing in life.

See you all in the Internet!  Wink

No worries, regardless of the end resulting choice to stay or go, if it doesnt sit right with you then that says something and speaks volumes hence why you have the courage and conviction to speak up about and on it and make whatever end choice you decide to go with and plenty of us that have been here from the beginning and eventually left for whatever reasons, understand completely what you are going through, bud. Do what is best for you bud..., that is all you can do..., well, besides perhaps contemplating creating a community more akin to what you are used to and expect from such lengths of experiences. Wink
Take care @NoRules

Do what's best for you.

Be safe.
(2021-01-29, 04:55 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Hey NoRules,

It definitely would be a shame to see you go, but the decision is entirely yours. I won't go into too much detail in the public domain, feel free to either PM me or open a thread in the Private Inquiries section if you do wish to discuss it further privately.

It is indeed the case that a warning has been issue for the reasons you mentioned, because we must remember that the Community is open to a wide range of people from all different ethnic and religious backgrounds who may take offence to your post as the team felt it was quite Passive Agressive. The warning is also due to expire within a relatively short time-frame.

That being said, from my prespective I wouldn't let a warning stop you from contributing to the Community and feeling like you no longer have a place in the Community, we have quite well known members with warnings and perhaps even had some team members with a warning in the past. Although you have been issued a warning no one from this Community will view you in a different light nor will we vaule your experience or opinion in a less favourable manner it is meerly just a record.

But as I started of saying, at the end of the day the decision is entirely yours and should you choose to leave then I would like to thank you for your contributions so far and genuinely wish you and your family all the best moving forward at this difficult time in the world and we would be sorry to see you go.
I agree with what Ben said and wish you good luck in whatever you do.
You are a great asset to MyBB and take care @NoRules.