MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto populating threads by uploading a database file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying use MyBB to allow my members to browse the forums and download Public Domain material. So instead of creating one thread at a time . Would there be a way to import a db file with the information to make that happen... I don't know if that is out of scope of what MyBB is designed for .. But that seems to be my hobby using things in not the intended way. LOL
recommend do this with wordpress if you want i can do for you
(2021-01-30, 03:46 AM)ibear777 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying use MyBB to allow my members to browse the forums and download Public Domain material. So instead of creating one thread at a time . Would there be a way to import a db file with the information to make that happen... I don't know if that is out of scope of what MyBB is designed for .. But that seems to be my hobby using things in not the intended way. LOL

Lightbulb  Just thinking on what you said, yes there are ways to mass inject threads from say a custom plugin or what not: for example why I say this is a plugin could inject random users & avatars, random threads, random replies, etc, etc, used for say localhost development purposes just for example as that has already been done..., so in theory something like that could be modified or something that could be created similar could say create a user(s), post a handful of threads, etc, etc, say from a defined script within the plugin or say via an xml file / feed that the plugin uses or what not..., so I guess what I am trying to say is while thinking on your topic, yes it could be done, though not volunteering to do so, just pointing out that yes in theory what you are thinking of could be done, perhaps. Not sure if you then plan to implement an inline downloads system type plugin for your downloads or instead ponder on say thread content > printview & a "jspdf" solution. Interesting concept, regardless.   Big Grin