MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: serverhosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, i am using DreamHost, i payed 30 euro for 1 year and i think 30 euro is not that big deal and you will sleep secure without dealing with problems.
I don't recommend free host because i try many of them such as 000webhost, infinityfree, and many others. Some of them putting some stuff on your forum because you are using the free plan, example 000webghost putted on my site their logo.
However, you will have a lot of problems with free host servers, even if you want just to see if your forum will have visitors.

If i am in your place and i want just to see if i will have visitors, i will go in Dreamhost and pay for 2 months, 5 euro is not that much and believe me you will sleep secure without dealing of any problems. Your forum will working perfectly fine and everything will be in one place, ssl certificate, cloudflare, etc, you will control everything from Dreamhost panel. You will sleep happy.

Hosts:
Dreamhost (my favorite and acceptable prices)
Bluehost
a2hosting
hostgator

How to use mybb?
Register Domain (DreamHost have 1 year free domains)
Download Filezilla.
Go in your filezila, login ,
Go to the folder with your domain name.
If you want your forum to be directly on your domain: domain.com, install the mybb files there.
If you want to have something like different looking homepage before the mybb forum , create folder inside and name it how you want, example: home. and install the mybb files there. and it should look like that when someone click to open your forum: domain.com/home
Hello,

You should seperate your host and your domain registerar why ? if you don't seperate that you are giving your host way to much power don't let hosts seduce you with "free domain" offers .
is there any good free server hosting?
(2021-02-08, 02:31 PM)Shefletsly Wrote: [ -> ]is there any good free server hosting?

No.
(2021-02-08, 08:11 AM)Erikbe Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

You should seperate your host and your domain registerar why ? if you don't seperate that you are giving your host way to much power don't let hosts seduce you with "free domain" offers .
It's never good idea to register domain in the first site which someone visit. 
The checking of the reviews and the rating and positive comments is very important.
BlueHost, DreamHost, GoDady and some other sites,  they have very good rating and reviews, people are writing good comments  

However, personally i think is very comfortable and easy if everything is in one place, ssl, domain settings, host, etc...

(2021-02-08, 02:31 PM)Shefletsly Wrote: [ -> ]is there any good free server hosting?
NO

The smart people said: ''You got what you pay for''
Free cPanel-style hosts are notorious for resource limits that will kick you offline as soon as your website gets more than a couple visitors in a day. You'll get suspended for seemingly no reason and have to fight limits that are very difficult and cumbersome. There pretty much isn't a single one that's really worthwhile if you're serious about making a community.

It's news nobody wants to hear, but it's unfortunately the truth about these hosts. They have a bad reputation for a reason. They're good for trying things out, but that's about the extent of it sadly.

This also goes for *most* free forum hosts, such as proboards and forumotion. They are great for getting communities up quickly, but they have a catch: They usually lock you in and you can't leave their host. Most of them do not offer database exports under any circumstances. However, this doesn't go for all free forum hosts. JCink is probably one of the larger and more popular ones that does offer DB exports, and many people have made successful communities on these types of hosts. Just make sure to do your research beforehand to save a headache later on when your community grows.

If you're brave and want to get into learning how to manage servers (and have some time on your hands to read a lot of tutorials), AWS, Google Cloud, and a number of others offer free tiers which give you a small VPS essentially for free. This is supposed to allow you to try out their services, but these VPSs are actually plenty for running a forum that is getting started. Be aware that this is a major comittment. The learning curve is quite high, but I would encourage people to try it out if they are committed. It will teach valuable skills that could never be learned any other way, and it gives an extraordinary level of control you will simply never find on any kind of cPanel/shared hosting.
Pages: 1 2