MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] MyBB 1.9 Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a free software problem
Slow to keep up with web developments.
If you do not have the experience and the money to develop the program on your own, it is better to search for a paid program and currently the two best paid programs (vbulletin) and (xenforo)
(2021-02-03, 04:35 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-03, 03:10 PM)woostar Wrote: [ -> ]Am I looking in the wrong place: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/projects/2
1.9 was last worked on 23 Jun 2020?

1.9 won't be up-to-date on Github as the rebase is worked on locally so all changes will be applied at once. We are just finishing up on the rebase and we will be pushing all of the canges once the rebase is complete for the release of 1.8.25.

I'm sorry

But we heard and read a lot of rhetoric from five years ago that is being repeated disturbingly to users of the program
(2021-02-03, 04:50 PM)@abdurhman@ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-03, 03:10 PM)woostar Wrote: [ -> ]Am I looking in the wrong place: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/projects/2

1.9 won't be up-to-date on Github as the rebase is worked on locally so all changes will be applied at once. We are just finishing up on the rebase and we will be pushing all of the canges once the rebase is complete for the release of 1.8.25.

I'm sorry

But we heard and read a lot of rhetoric from five years ago that is being repeated disturbingly to users of the program

Hey,

Honestly, in terms of us saying we basically at the end of the rebase I don't think so, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. In terms of timeframes for releases, then yes we have gave a number of these which unfortunately we haven't been able to stick to which is exactly why we tend to use our phrase, "It'll be ready when it's ready".

Finally it is worth noting that I, personally, do completely understand the frustrations from the users and I know everyone else on the team shares the same. But the reality is we can only go as fast as we can go bearing in mind we are a free Open Source project and every team member has a job and a life outside of MyBB.
(2021-02-04, 05:16 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-03, 04:50 PM)@abdurhman@ Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm sorry

Hey,

Honestly, in terms of us saying we basically at the end of the rebase I don't think so, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. In terms of timeframes for releases, then yes we have gave a number of these which unfortunately we haven't been able to stick to which is exactly why we tend to use our phrase, "It'll be ready when it's ready".

Finally it is worth noting that I, personally, do completely understand the frustrations from the users and I know everyone else on the team shares the same. But the reality is we can only go as fast as we can go bearing in mind we are a free Open Source project and every team member has a job and a life outside of MyBB.

Repeating the word I am a volunteer I am and I this method is not good.
  There is no shame in telling everyone and the users that you are not able to develop the program and that you are not devoted to it, as for promises and stalling it and repeating the sentence (It'll be ready when it's ready)
This is a provocative method
Quote:we are a free Open Source project

Even free open source can be monetised provided potential is there.