MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Last Post Texts are overflowing after applying the 'Last Poster Avatar' Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am using 1.8.23 version which is from 2019, hadn't checked the theme version since I installed it which was in April last year (during lockdown).

Oh man!! Again I have to copy all the changes and update it. Theme updating is even harder for me than updating mybb itself. Toungue
(2021-02-10, 07:59 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]I am using 1.8.23 version which is from 2019, hadn't checked the theme version since I installed it which was in April last year (during lockdown).

Oh man!! Again I have to copy all the changes and update it.

haha, I hear you and yeah you would of had to to do that for cerulean v1.2 ( ie: 07/24/2020 — Updated "Cerulean-theme.xml" file to 1.8.23 then 08/10/2020 — Updated "Cerulean-theme.xml" file to 1.8.24 ) also which v1.2 xml file is now found in the documents folder just in case you wanted the past cerulean v1.2 variant for 1.8.24, though while 1.3 (ie: 02/08/2021 — Updated "Cerulean-theme.xml" file to Cerulean v1.3) is also for 1.8.24..., it is changed a bit from the v1.2 as the intent was to style it further similar to past changes in acp of the same name and is being done for both cerulean and cerise as my time allows..., anyhoo, if you end up say not wanting v1.3 then just use the v1.2 variant xml file still included but now found in documents folder
Is it possible to directly upgrade to the latest version?
(2021-02-10, 09:21 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to directly upgrade to the latest version?

Not really sure what you mean... if you mean can you install latest theme xml file and go from there then yes, if you mean is there a direct upgrade from whatever version you are using to the latest version then no, as is the case with just about any mybb theme when there is another version of such, simply rename your old theme and install the new theme file..., if there is any existing custom edits you have in old version that you want to copy over then do so though as you see fit..., hopefully that makes sense?
Yup, the rename and install method. It's the easiest option for me.

They way you wrote previously. I thought that I have to install all the versions one-by-one & .......

Wink Toungue
(2021-02-10, 10:51 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, the rename and install method. It's the easiest option for me.

They way you wrote previously. I thought that I have to install all the versions one-by-one & .......

Wink Toungue

hmm, what I was meaning previously by

Quote:you would of had to to do that for cerulean v1.2 ( ie: 07/24/2020 — Updated "Cerulean-theme.xml" file to 1.8.23 then 08/10/2020 — Updated "Cerulean-theme.xml" file to 1.8.24 ) also which v1.2 xml file is now found in the documents folder just in case you wanted the past cerulean v1.2 variant for 1.8.24, though while 1.3 (ie: 02/08/2021 — Updated "Cerulean-theme.xml" file to Cerulean v1.3) is also for 1.8.24...,

in theory if as you said you installed a variant of cerulean in 2019 or during lockdown or what not..., most likely you had a variant of v1.1 so in theory your next step would have been when I updated the theme again is to install the next version that came after ie: 1.2..., so you would have to to do the rename & install new version and copy over custom stuff you wanted to that v1.2...., ok, now that the theme is not currently v1.2 and is now v1.3 you would then have to to do the rename & install new version and copy over custom stuff you wanted to that v1.3, except in the case that you decide that you do not want v1.3 for whatever reason as it is different than v1.2 and decide to opt with using v1.2 instead (the v1.2 .xml file is now found in documentation folder just in case you opt for v1.2 for (1.8.24) rather than v1.3 for (1.8.24))..., hopefully that clears up what I meant previously....
It is clear for me.

I have downloaded 1.3 & I will install it in my localhost and see.
Pages: 1 2