MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Guest Home - Show homepage for guest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hmmm nice, i will update asap Big Grin
Quote:Because while yes the index works it leaves the other sections open to the guest ie: portal, memberlist, help, search, calendar, showteam, misc, etc, etc, thus negating the entire point of the plugin

This negates nothing of the plugin. It is intentional, that is the feature this plugin provides, no more.

If by any reason you want to affect all pages you would be using both the global_end and the archive_start hooks.
(2021-02-10, 10:23 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Because while yes the index works it leaves the other sections open to the guest ie: portal, memberlist, help, search, calendar, showteam, misc, etc, etc, thus negating the entire point of the plugin

This negates nothing of the plugin. It is intentional, that is the feature this plugin provides, no more.

If by any reason you want to affect all pages you would be using both the global_end and the archive_start hooks.

While we have had and still have/had our differences of major opinion/etc, etc in the past and you being the primary reason I left the comm and deleted hundreds+ of past contributions of te last 16 or more + years here , all that aside and to avoid expressing my real thoughts on that towards you every time you comment on my postings ("this isn't a battlefield, remember?!!" * as if you have been on one, period) Lol, Wink I will simply calmly and politely explain why I disagree here on this. Actually it does, the "feature" of the plugin is to show this rather than the index page to guest and while that is as intended, the concept is only partial and neglects to consider that this should be on more than that, hence my suggestions of particular hooks of particular pages the guest will first see/visit after seeing the implementation on index, those were chosen so that the op can choose to expand upon some or all of them and also still keep pages like contact us open to the guest, also I explained about the search input factor to consider maybe implementing a plugin related switch on activation that disables that perm etc, etc, all in good helpful intent with actual considerations considered before any provided suggestions. Also I suggested the consideration of archive as seperate because it should be styled diff than the existing plugin template as anyone who actually tries that hook will see and I did not suggest the global hook because as described if one read and understood what I helpfully said/ suggested correctly is to only target those specific hooks with plugin as is and not hook the plugin as is to every page as there is a difference in suggestions, anyhoo, one beauty of freedom is the freedom to disagree, thanks.  Wink
Edit.
Some weird stuff is happening with this plugin, I downloaded the latest version and it tells me to update right away. Then I tried installing the plugin and it gave me MYSQL Error and cannot continue. Then it created 3 sections for the plugin in my board settings which I wasn't able to use. Unfortunately unable to use this plugin due to these issues.
This plugin is write for 1.8 version but actually is not working .. someone can do a good action and just update it ?
Pages: 1 2 3