MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Groups 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seems like you are building some work on it, keep it going Smile
I plan on having a public beta available next week. I also added a lot of hooks to the class files because those are used frequently so they can produce reliable results. If you want to actually see it first hand and toy with it, you may do so here.
One suggestion I have is to make it match the default theme style, the tcat and thread classes are inverted and probably missing classes (tborder I presume) for example.
(2021-03-13, 12:48 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]One suggestion I have is to make it match the default theme style, the tcat and thread classes are inverted and probably missing classes (tborder I presume) for example.

I'm not great at theming so I am doing my best.  Given that you are able to export the templates from the Admin CP, someone who is good with theming could extract it and share the file.  Right now I am mainly debugging for errors.  I want as many eliminated as possible before a public beta.  Laird and I have found a fair few tonight which is good so they won't occur when the general public that isn't as familiar with programming gets ahold of the plugin.  We are considering refactoring the database tables to be stored in an array outside of the install function so other developers can easily get that data.
(2021-03-13, 02:34 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]We are considering refactoring the database tables to be stored in an array outside of the install function so other developers can easily get that data.

A sort of side note related to the above: I would really love to see this sort of abstraction layer for database table specification added to core. It would make support for different DB implementations (MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL/SQLite) that much easier - the abstract spec would say, for example, "I want an auto-incrementing, non-nullable integer column ", and then each database class would decide how best to implement that abstract specification in its own SQL variant.
(2021-03-13, 04:16 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-13, 02:34 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]We are considering refactoring the database tables to be stored in an array outside of the install function so other developers can easily get that data.

A sort of side note related to the above: I would really love to see this sort of abstraction layer for database table specification added to core. It would make support for different DB implementations (MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL/SQLite) that much easier - the abstract spec would say, for example, "I want an auto-incrementing, non-nullable integer column ", and then each database class would decide how best to implement that abstract specification in its own SQL variant.

I have the SQL now completely refactored.  I have the function for MySQLi working to generate proper create table statements.  I have not actually implemented the function in the plugin yet because I'm still testing the function.  SQLite and PGSql are not currently implemented in the function.  I think if I reference the installation files of MyBB to see table structure I could probably figure it out.

I did some display edits, mostly on showgroup.php to make it more consistent.
Here is an updated screenshot for showgroup.php.  I hope you all like it.

[Image: showgroup_screenshot.png]
Looks good, you could also make it so group images replace the forum logo, or something of that sort.
I'm not sure about replacing forum logo. It uses templates so a person could set that up if they want. It only loads the template for the logo if the group has a logo. Also for what it is worth, I tried to do the who posted and was not having any luck. I'd have to write a bunch of Javascript to do it so it is not going to be in the first release.
You are right, modifying templates to replace the logo shouldn't be difficult.
Pages: 1 2 3