MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Settings.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm trying to figure out what can go in ./inc/settings.php

Does anybody have a full list?

(I am aware I probably shouldn't edit the file directly but I'm stuck with an ephermal filesystem... Angry)
Hi RedGuy13, i can't give you setting.php cuz i have private info on it private key etc..

you can find it in mybb install folder https://mybb.com/download/
AFAIK settings.php is a cached version of your mybb_settings table.  It will regenerate if missing - and update whenever you change your config.  So depends on what you have for plugins etc I guess.

Curious about a "ephermal (ephemeral?) filesystem" though.  Do you mean cached - like Cloudflare for example?

cheers...
(2021-02-14, 02:19 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK settings.php is a cached version of your mybb_settings table.  It will regenerate if missing - and update whenever you change your config.  So depends on what you have for plugins etc I guess.

Curious about a "ephermal (ephemeral?) filesystem" though.  Do you mean cached - like Cloudflare for example?

cheers...
Yes, I meant ephemeral. Basically I can write to files but the changes are reset when nobody has the site open. I do have access to a postgres SQL database that will not reset, however.

I had to write to ./inc/config.php manually, then add the ./install/lock file manually, and now my site is throwing a 500 response code. I assumed it was because of the lack of a settings.php, but maybe not?
I don't think it'll error if it doesn't exist, it'll detect that and load the settings from the database and then try and re-create the file. Sounds like there's something else wrong with the server if files are being reset.
(2021-02-14, 06:19 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it'll error if it doesn't exist, it'll detect that and load the settings from the database and then try and re-create the file. Sounds like there's something else wrong with the server if files are being reset.

It was errorring because I made a mistake in ./inc/config.php

The server is built to reset the files. It has a ephemeral filesystem, as I explained above.