MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: incorrect 4-Byte UTF-8 conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2021-02-20, 11:01 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]conversion can not fix already broken characters in old posts

but it should not break additional characters on its own accord

Sure this is obvious. Old unicodes will not be converted
But I'm talking only regarding new ones after conversion

Thanks
So you create posts with unicode characters and these are converted to question marks even though the ACP module tells you all tables where converted?

I just noticed that if there is an error while converting a table MyBB will tell you it is converted (green check), pretending there was no error whatsoever.

I can see some improvements to the ACP module, but nothing that should be causing your issues.
(2021-02-20, 08:37 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]So you create posts with unicode characters and these are converted to question marks even though the ACP module tells you all tables where converted?

I just noticed that if there is an error while converting a table MyBB will tell you it is converted (green check), pretending there was no error whatsoever.

I can see some improvements to the ACP module, but nothing that should be causing your issues.

Looks like phpmyadmin will be my new best friend from now on  Huh
Pages: 1 2