MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to hide the customthread filed (Xthread plugin) language in the responsive theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have an issue with the custom thread filed languages...

i want to hide them in mobile view in a responsive theme... using media queries

@media only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
  coustomthreadfiled {
    display: none;
  }
}

here is an example of what i am trying to say....
[Image: 108510920-22b07900-72e5-11eb-9406-6a18fe319bf7.jpg]

the fields appeard in red boxes should be disappeared in responsive version...

but in the real thing is it cracked the responsive theme.

please suggest me how do i set this css value for the custom thread filed languages to hide them in responsive theme. not only one xthreads application but also in all xthread application.

Thank You
@PARADOXP
You should hide their rows in the table, not the inputs.
there is no such template for the rows to edit...

it was only a global veriable...

{$customthreadfileds}

and it represents all that thing...
You can use css nth-child on your new thread table, give it an id, and put the css rules in a media query.
please help me i am not good at css
I am not on PC, but lets say you would want to hide table row 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

You give your table an id like

id=“nt-table”

And then you put something like this CSS in your media query:

#nt-table tr:nth-child(3) {
  display: none!important;
}

#nt-table tr:nth-child(4) {
}

#nt-table tr:nth-child(5) {
}

#nt-table tr:nth-child(6) {
}

#nt-table tr:nth-child(7) {
}

It will hide the table rows that the third to seventh child of nt-table.

It is pretty hard to do this on tablet, hopefully I did not mess up too much zoz.

Edit: it had to screw me over.
le me check

i glad that it worked but it worked partially...

i mean it hide all that row...

but i just wanted yo hide only that language field which supposed to be in a <td> itself...

see the image...

[Image: IMG-20210220-123248.jpg]

it hides that row in responsive version see the image....

[Image: Screenshot-2021-02-20-12-28-33-600-com-a...chrome.png]

but i want only the filed named "Display to portal ? " should be hide like other left side language fields... example :- username , thread subject ,tags , smiles language fileds....
[Image: IMG-20210220-123136.jpg]
You can't hide a single 'column' inside a 'row', <td> is a column. If you do that, you'd have to make the colspan of the other columns in the row make up the remaining space.

I have already given you the necessary information you need to solve the issue, and I can't sit here and literally write all the code for you.

Good luck with your endeavor.
i have solved the issue.... thank You So Much @GodLess101 for your help.... i really appreciate it...

i got the template of xthreads so that i get control over that colspan....

<h3>Added Templates</h3>
   <ul>
    <li><strong>editpost_first</strong> - allows you to have a different <em>editpost</em> template for editing the first post of a thread; defaults to <code>{$editpost}</code> which uses the default <em>editpost</em> template</li>
    <li><strong>forumdisplay_group_sep</strong> and <strong>forumdisplay_thread_null</strong> - for use with thread grouping (is explained if you enable thread grouping); defaults to nothing</li>
    <li><strong>showthread_noreplies</strong> - displayed in the <code>{$posts}</code> variable for <em>showthread</em> only if the thread has no replies and a <em>postbit_first</em>* template is being used; see the comment in the template for more information</li>
    <li><strong>forumdisplay_searchforum_inline</strong> - inline forum searching - you don't need to bother with this unless you want to...</li>
    <li><strong>post_threadfields_inputrow</strong> - how extra fields are displayed in newthread/editpost (of first post) - don't need to worry about this one either</li>
    <li><strong>showthread_threadfields</strong> and <strong>showthread_threadfield_row</strong> - how extra fields are displayed in showthread; the latter is for each thread field, whereas the former is just a wrapper around all thread fields</li>
   </ul>
   <p>Although not an added template, you can create <em>postbit_first*</em> templates to override the various <em>postbit*</em> templates for the first post of a thread.</p>