MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can be downloaded the whole pulbic_html file from the ftp by a php script ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone i want to know is this possible to download all the files and folders from ftp manager by a script ?

i mean let there is script file named "download.php" and upload it to my rooth public_html 

and in a browser if i put the url

www.website.com/download.php

the whole files or folder will be downloaded...

i am saying this because i have done this thing a long before ago...

but i lost that script and now I can't found it... ?

alternatively i have a script .php file that it will be helpful for unzip a zip file in a directory...

you just have to upload the unzip.php file in the directory where the zip file is situated and...

let the zip file named mybb.zip is in director named public_html/forum/image/mybb.zip

you put the url in your browser www.website.com/forum/image/unzip.php

and a window will be opened with selection of zip files that you want to unzip.

choose mybb.zip and submit it will be unzippes with fraction of a second. here is the file in attachment.[attachment=43807]

the main thing is i know it is possible to download all the folders from ftp via a script but i don't have that script...

can anyone give me that or make that please...

my ftp server is very down due to of my bad hosting server or they do not responding my ask...

so i want download the folders via a script and want a new hosting in a2hosting.

please help me someone...
(2021-02-21, 05:18 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]hello everyone i want to know is this possible to download all the files and folders from ftp manager by a script ?

i mean let there is script file named "download.php" and upload it to my rooth public_html 

and in a browser if i put the url

www.website.com/download.php

the whole files or folder will be downloaded...

i am saying this because i have done this thing a long before ago...

but i lost that script and now I can't found it... ?

alternatively i have a script .php file that it will be helpful for unzip a zip file in a directory...

you just have to upload the unzip.php file in the directory where the zip file is situated and...

let the zip file named mybb.zip is in director named public_html/forum/image/mybb.zip

you put the url in your browser www.website.com/forum/image/unzip.php

and a window will be opened with selection of zip files that you want to unzip.

choose mybb.zip and submit it will be unzippes with fraction of a second. here is the file in attachment.

the main thing is i know it is possible to download all the folders from ftp via a script but i don't have that script...

can anyone give me that or make that please...

my ftp server is very down due to of my bad hosting server or they do not responding my ask...

so i want download the folders via a script and want a new hosting in a2hosting.

please help me someone...

you could say use wget or curl via terminal or write a related script to do something like this as such but why? when you could simply go into you cpanel and say simply do home directory backup and a full directory back up, dbs backups and download those respective files directly in cpanel/browser (normal way of do a site backup and move) and upon completion of such then restore said backups on new host or if not desired then simply extract the backup files on you desktop and there you already have everything you once desired to remotely grab via wget or curl? I say this because you already stated you have some issues with ftp services and your current host so why even involve ftp when you can simply do the cpanel backup route? Just saying that your aim to accomplish this the way you are hoping seems to be making more work for yourself than is needed, just saying...
my hosting provider was so dummy that they didn't even reply my problems about hosting problem. Snd the hosting server was so down , i don't what was exactly happened to my filemanager when i want make all the files into . zip archive it didn't allow me to do this.
(2021-02-23, 09:21 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]my hosting provider was so dummy that they didn't even reply my problems about hosting problem. Snd the hosting server was so down , i don't what was exactly happened to my filemanager when i want make all the files into . zip archive it didn't allow me to do this.

That doesn't surprise me.  Don't know what sort of web panel you have, but surely you can create a backup job and tar the files?  Putting all your mybb board files into a single archive.  Then you can download that file.  Depending on their scripts, might have to untar specific stuff to get what you actually want.

Example extract of board files from a backup.  Assuming something.tar.gz:

tar -zxvf /path-to-archive-file path-to-files-in-archive/ --strip-components ? (depends on tar.gz how many layers to strip)

I use a backup archive for both board files and database.  Have done so in both cpanel and directadmin, but depends on what you have.