MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show thread closed thread button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi! 

Trying to fix the following 

Show thread closed thread button is not coming up on my default theme 

https://alhimika.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1114

for what I managed to to find the button itself is in showthread_newreply_closed template, but looks it's not getting called [url=https://alhimika.net/forum/admin/index.php?module=style-templates&action=edit_template&title=showthread_newreply_closed&sid=5&expand=14][/url]
From which "parent template" is this getting called? 

Thanks

ok
this getting called by newreply button with some kind of condition for closed thread
Since I completely removed newreply button in showthread, hence no closed thread button coming up

If anyone could help me how to get closed thread button or message without calling for newreply?
Without hiding it you can think of modifying showthread_newreply_closed button template to be a notice.
currently you are using Go MybbMobile Plugin....

it hides a plenty things in some places...

as you can see thaere too much options are not in postbit atea...

so you can customise it's template to show up those things again in respective places....
(2021-02-22, 01:25 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Without hiding it you can think of modifying showthread_newreply_closed button template to be a notice.

The thouble I have it's getting called through {newreply}, something I deleted completely in my theme. 
I found newreply button way too confusing. 
So no {newreply} in my theme. 
In my theme the only way to call newreply is through "preview" button. Even then I renamed this to ' advanced editor' . 
 I know sounds a bit mad, but this is how I wanted with my very limited coding knowledge. 
Sorry for repeating same thing, just trying to describe my best. 
For now I need some conditionals to be written into show tread to display 'closed thread' message

(2021-02-22, 02:30 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]as you can see thaere too much options are not in postbit atea...

I removed this myself on mobile version, to be displayed better on mobile phones. So postbit won't take the space size of a half of the screen. Probably CSS guru could make this better and in different way, but I'm not CSS guru. Hence I modified netpen responvive theme the best I could to look good on the desktop and the mobile. Then I cloned it into mobile and desktop versions and made some small different changes.