MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Only one option appears in UserCP/User Registration for Time Zone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

This issue is related to MyBB Version 1.8.24 and it is a fresh install.

For some odd reason, I'm unable to select a specific GMT option under the Time Zone drop down. This occurs whenever you go to the UserCP or when you register on the board for the first time. This is problematic when using the UserCP since any change that is saved also causes the Time Zone to be updated with the only option available in the drop down as shown below.

[Image: zrvd7e6.png]

Any thoughts?
I think it gets your timezone when installing MyBB and only allows you to use that, you may be able to get a plugin to allow more.
(2021-02-23, 04:22 AM)Owen C137 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it gets your timezone when installing MyBB and only allows you to use that, you may be able to get a plugin to allow more.

Don't think so.  No plugin required for extra time zones.  Interested in seeing the OP's settings in the ACP board settings for Data & Time.  Pictured are the UserCP settings.
(2021-02-23, 01:52 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-23, 04:22 AM)Owen C137 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it gets your timezone when installing MyBB and only allows you to use that, you may be able to get a plugin to allow more.

Don't think so.  No plugin required for extra time zones.  Interested in seeing the OP's settings in the ACP board settings for Data & Time.  Pictured are the UserCP settings.

Here is what I see in the ACP. I would imagine that the variables used in ACP would be the same ones used in the UserCP, but I'm at a loss at this point.

[Image: 8OlZyZQ.png]
Just for fun, set the default offset to GMT in the ACP.  Check the UserCP again.  Any changes in UCP time zone options?

Can't say I've ever seen this before.
Did you download MyBB's code directly from a GitHub branch, rather than a package from the MyBB.com website?

Related: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/4270