MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't attach over 200 or more images to a post.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI everyone,

I've not posted on these forums for many years, but glad to see that MyBB is still going strong. Anyway, I have a website in progress where I will be posting 100's of family/hobby images, but it seems like I can't upload anything over 200 or so. If it goes above that, it just hangs until I close the page or use the back button. Can someone please tell me what I need to do, or what I may be missing.

Thank you very much in advance. Smile

Shedrock
Is it possible you are hitting the php.ini value for max_post_size? Images can quickly consume a large amount of that.
I just searched in my php.ini for max_post_size, but it doesn't have it. Should I be adding that?

It pops up a window that says: You can upload a maximum of 872.42 bytes at once.

EDIT: I have this set in php.ini as follows:

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
; http://php.net/upload-max-filesize
upload_max_filesize = 90000M

; Maximum number of files that can be uploaded via a single request
max_file_uploads = 4000

Thanks,

Shedrock
That error occurs for a particular upload transaction. Identify a smaller number of photos and upload, then, without creating the post, identify some more and upload.

We have an image intensive area. I have set 50 photos max per post, and while most of the time I can upload 20 at a time, if there are some large files, and I get that cryptic message, I send up 10 at a time. Once I hit the 50 max, as set in the MyBB configuration, I create the post, then set up for another post of 50.

Use admincp / tools and maintenance / view php info to see what your server is working with. memory_limit is also a factor.

These are my settings, used successfully unless I push up too many large files at once.
max_file_uploads = 20
memory_limit = 128M
post_max_size = 16M
upload_max_filesize = 8M
Hello,

Caution setting post_max_size in php.ini to a large amount opens up the door for an attack known as "flooding with extremely large POST requests" you do not want that believe me on my word.
[quote pid="1363392" dateline="1614127972"]
Use admincp / tools and maintenance / view php info to see what your server is working with. memory_limit is also a factor.

These are my settings, used successfully unless I push up too many large files at once.
max_file_uploads = 20
memory_limit = 128M
post_max_size = 16M
upload_max_filesize = 8M
[/quote]

Thank you for your help. I know I had this figured out when I was using MyBB ver. 1411, but I just can't remember. Anyway, for now I have tried it the way you recommended it, and it works great for now.

Regards,

Shedrock