MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Background won't change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm trying to change my Default Theme forum background from this:

https://magic-crafters.world/images/MagicCraftersPS1background.png

to this:

https://magic-crafters.world/images/1.jpg

I mean, I know how to add/change image urls in global.css (Admin CP, Themes, Default Theme, Edit StyleSheets, etc.) But after I added the new background url for the Default Theme and took out the old one in Editing Stylesheet, it didn't change to the new background on the Default Theme. CTRL+F5, browser caching, didn't help either.

It's lke the old background url is stuck to the theme no matter if you changed the background url in global.css/Editing Stylesheet or not.
(2021-02-24, 04:39 AM)ziuma Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-24, 04:28 AM)censor_deeznutz Wrote: [ -> ]just saying... uniform instructions produce uniform results.... as can the opposite be said about the opposite of such...

Best of  luck! Big Grin

i think my first reply is the simple thing
but, maybe other member can suggest

now, i confused with question
change with the diferent images or make fullscreen 

it is simple common sense to understand that the path should not be full path like in the now existing:

body {
    background: url(https://magic-crafters.world/images/bg/DefaultTheme.jpg);
    color: #333;
    text-align: center;
    line-height: 1.4;
    margin: 0;
    font-family: Sans-Serif,Arial,"Open Sans",Tahoma;
    font-size: 13px;
    overflow-y: scroll;
}

or the previous existing:
using: MagicCraftBackground.jpg
body {
    background: url(https://magic-crafters.world/images/MagicCraftBackground.jpg);
}

or other previous suggested using: MagicCraftBackground.jpg in sub img dir:
body {
    background: url(https://magic-crafters.world/images/bg/MagicCraftBackground.jpg);
}

or even the suggested:
body {
    background: url(/images/DefaultTheme.jpg);
}
body {
    background: url(/images/MagicCraftBackground.jpg);
}

or:

body {
    background: url(/images/bg/DefaultTheme.jpg);
}
body {
    background: url(/images/bg/MagicCraftBackground.jpg);
}

it isn't the image name change and or additional added img sub dir that I pointed out as the obvious issues..., as changing the image name or adding it to a img sub dir path is doable and fine, no it is the using of the full or incorrect path

Ie: using full path in css...., and why?
background: url(https://magic-crafters.world/images/bg/MagicCraftBackground.jpg);

suggesting the other

background: url(/images/bg/MagicCraftBackground.jpg);

and why?

when if the image is in the images folder and not a added image sub dir the correct usage would be

background: url('images/MagicCraftBackground.jpg');

or with added image sub dir path:
background: url('images/bg/MagicCraftBackground.jpg');

Notice the diff in regards to previous suggestions where either the op is taking it as applying full path or not correctly implementing path in theme css as anyone can simply go look at correct paths used in css and figure out oh yeah that how I should do it, ie: thus maintaining css image path uniformalities and or ..., again providing suggestions that reflect such... again just saying and thus why i mentioned the common sense factor previously.  Wink

those factors have more priority than the eventual clearing of browser cache to see reflected changes....

* also there is a reason I added in humour: dir, ..dir ../dir, ../../dir,  ../../../dir, etc, etc, next to the previous proclamation of best of luck as a hint to simply remind folks providing suggestions to remember such, as the remembering of such would cause one to notice why I immediately upon first look of the thread contents wondered why so many various path suggestions, that then seem to be misinterpreted by the op as suggesting of implementing full path in actuality and responses. Wink

example of why I mentioned remembering and tweaking the path:

@CrystalBlazier

ie:
background: url('../../../images/bg/DefaultTheme.jpg');

ie:
body {
    background: url('../../../images/bg/DefaultTheme.jpg');
}

or say:
background: url('../../../images/MagicCraftBackground.jpg');

ie:
body {
    background: url('../../../images/MagicCraftBackground.jpg');
}

* As those on a quick tweak via browser inspect element edits actually locate and display the bg imgs in this theme rather than directing to a not found cache -> themes -> theme#5 -> to missing img path... again just sayin... Wink

Note: I suspect the reason as to why you must edit your path as mentioned above is because while this theme may be called something else and claimed as being another theme, the source is "flatty" and still has flatty theme paths throughout the theme and most likely in theme settings path, regardless if your renamed the theme and did not upload the flatty images dir  (something you might want to correct as that may cause other future image or theme related issues) and you are now attempting on pulling these bg images from the default images directory and not the the flatty themes directory that is defined throughout the theme..., and as you can note on quick look throughout the theme...,  you will see such evidence and such paths like:

../../../images/flatty/arrow-down.png

note: Again just saying..., one should either correct that and use a theme specific dir like flatty was designed to do so that things like "$theme['imgdir']" work correctly and the correct imgs are targeted and displayed or edit such things in the theme to reflect the desire for the theme to still function correctly  with "$theme['imgdir']" being the default images directory like you are trying to do with these background imgs else you are going to most likely be editing alot more than you would prefer in the future..  Wink

also by correcting such as mentioned above in regards to theme path if your desire is to change from the flatty type theme directory for images that the theme is expecting ie: "images/flatty" back to pulling from default img dir you may then after such be able to use as I mentioned previously paths like:

background: url('images/MagicCraftBackground.jpg');

in css theme wide as the theme will be using "$theme['imgdir']" = images/   (default imgs dir) ...... and if that is not your desire then re-up the images/flatty dir and use existing flatty type paths as exampled throughout the theme css and such, even if you say eventually change the flatty folder name in the paths and the name of that particular dir...

hopefully all of that makes sense.... Wink

Best of luck! Big Grin
Okay, so I downloaded and added in the latest Flatty theme directory, and the flatty/arrow-down.png error is fixed.

So it turns out I had to purge my site cache with my site security network and it fixed the whole background image issue, with the image paths working too. Sorry for all the trouble, I appreciate you all helping me ^^;
Pages: 1 2 3