MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to the latest version..1.8.25 !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now I saw the release notes. And it says I don't need to run the upgrade script.

So, does that mean I should just replace the /inc/... files??

Or, do I need to lock the forum and then disable all the plugins & other what not's.... Take the long process of upgrade??
(2021-02-23, 12:49 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]So, does that mean I should just replace the /inc/... files??

Yes, this upgrade only requires uploading and overwriting the files.
Takes seconds with the changed files upgrade - just the 2 files - as you mention.  Did it last night, after a dry run with our test instance.  Closed forum briefly, uploaded the 2 files, reopened forum.  No issues discovered or reported.

Had already copied existing file versions for backup, which is prudent precaution I think.  Even though upgraded after our nightly backup anyway. Smile

cheers...
So, there is no need to deactivate all the plugins... That sound easy..
(2021-02-23, 01:23 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]So, there is no need to deactivate all the plugins... That sound easy..

yes, its very easy the update. Cool

It has been the easiest update I have made of mybb Big Grin
Hi, don't need to run the upgrade script sounds great! 
I would like to know if the mybb version will be 18.25 after uploading and overwriting the files Big Grin
(2021-02-25, 07:53 AM)akimoe Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, don't need to run the upgrade script sounds great! 
I would like to know if the mybb version will be 18.25 after uploading and overwriting the files Big Grin

your board MyBB updtate to 1.8.25 when upload the files to overwriting

[Image: FFD65521-24-A0-416-D-95-A5-1404-BBD97-CC6.jpg]

Cool
Big Grin
(2021-02-25, 08:22 AM)DiegoPino Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-25, 07:53 AM)akimoe Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, don't need to run the upgrade script sounds great! 

your board MyBB updtate to 1.8.25 when upload the files to overwriting

[Image: FFD65521-24-A0-416-D-95-A5-1404-BBD97-CC6.jpg]

Cool
Big Grin
perfect! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin