MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WPOD On 'Edit Profile' Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

So long story short, I must have installed a bad plugin cause now I have no access to my 'Edit Profile' page (moddedlobby.com/usercp.php?action=profile)
Currently having the white page of death on there.

I only had installed one new plugin at the time of the problem occurring. I have uninstalled and deleted the files but don't know where or what I need to go to to code and make the page accessible again.

Thanks to anyone reading my thread!

Best regards!
(2021-02-24, 08:39 AM)Alphabet Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone!

So long story short, I must have installed a bad plugin cause now I have no access to my 'Edit Profile' page (moddedlobby. likesyou .org/usercp.php?action=profile) *Excuse the subdomain, Toungue* Currently having the white page of death on there.

I only had installed one new plugin at the time of the problem occurring. I have uninstalled and deleted the files but don't know where or what I need to go to to code and make the page accessible again.

Best regards!

That page is working fine i get the error_no_permission page which is normal since i do not have an account on your forum to find out what is causing the issue you will have to look at error_log in your forum root directory or force PHP to "spit out" all error messagges at the top of usercp.php add

error_reporting(E_all);
ini_set("display_errors",1);
when you are done and you found what is causing the issue remove this code as it poses a security risk it reveals real server paths.
(2021-02-24, 10:00 AM)Erikbe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-24, 08:39 AM)Alphabet Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone!

So long story short, I must have installed a bad plugin cause now I have no access to my 'Edit Profile' page (moddedlobby. likesyou .org/usercp.php?action=profile) *Excuse the subdomain, Toungue* Currently having the white page of death on there.

Best regards!

That page is working fine i get the error_no_permission page which is normal since i do not have an account on your forum to find out what is causing the issue you will have to look at error_log in your forum root directory or force PHP to "spit out" all error messagges at the top of usercp.php add

error_reporting(E_all);
ini_set("display_errors",1);
when you are done and you found what is causing the issue remove this code as it poses a security risk it reveals real server paths.
Thanks for your reply!

After looking around I found out that the 'usercp_profile' template got its coding completely wiped out. I went to go to the default theme to get the code but it was wiped out as well. https://prnt.sc/105ldze
Again, I'm assuming it's from the faulty plugin I had installed.
Hello,

You can get the contents of that template in the mybb zip package navigate to upload/install/resources/ and open mybb_theme.xml search for usercp_profile and copy (do not copy the "template name=xxxxxx" or the "<![CDATA[" stuff you don't need those.
(2021-02-24, 12:11 PM)Erikbe Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

You can get the contents of that template in the mybb zip package navigate to upload/install/resources/ and open mybb_theme.xml search for usercp_profile and copy (do not copy the "template name=xxxxxx" or the "<![CDATA[" stuff you don't need those.
Thanks! That solved my issue. Smile

I knew there was a way, I just forgot, lol. It's been so long since I've coded forums on MyBB let alone 1.8. Toungue

Take care!
I hate to bump this post back up but I screwed up and did it again and now I got the white page also trying to access my AdminCP.

(2021-09-07, 03:36 AM)Alphabet Wrote: [ -> ]I hate to bump this post back up but I screwed up and did it again and now I got the white page also trying to access my AdminCP.

Nevermind, I'm not sure what happened but it's works again. XD Sorry about the bump post for nothing.