MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updating a 1.4.11 theme to 1.8.25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few themes I designed between 2008-2010 that I would like to upgrade to the latest version of MyBB. I changed a few bit of the code to get them to install, as well as to be able to logout and login to the site. However, I can't quite figure out how to get the post editor to show up, and the insert smileys to work. Is there some info on how to convert it, a guide, or maybe even a script I can use? Thank you for any guidance.

Regards,

Shedrock
I don't think there is any (detailed at least) guide for this , most likely the easies would be to design your theme on top of the new 1.8 theme and just be done with it.
(2021-02-24, 11:43 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is any (detailed at least) guide for this , most likely the easies would be to design your theme on top of the new 1.8 theme and just be done with it.

I agree. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-02-25, 12:49 AM)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-24, 11:43 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is any (detailed at least) guide for this , most likely the easies would be to design your theme on top of the new 1.8 theme and just be done with it.

I agree. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards,

Shedrock

how I tend to do such things after installing via ignore ver compat is open two editor windows  containing old theme and new theme side by side

same with two browser windows with old an new theme styles/ templates side by side, thus allowing to see visible diffs in templates and css as you go an allowing you to say grab items from old theme while manually importing such into the new theme..., also template reverts are handy in this way to see how various changes have occurred

another handy tool is find updated templates function in acp, while this will not show you various diff in css it will in existing template files thus making your task of transition much easier.. as will the clicking view diff...

best of luck!
@censor_deeznutz - I actually used to do that years ago when I was designing themes for MyBB. I will most definitely do that, although it will be a tedious task to say the least.

Thank you for your assistance,

Shedrock