MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: USERNAME CSS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there, 

how to disaply the usergroup css under the thread

[Image: unknown.png]
(2021-02-26, 07:28 PM)Mastersly Wrote: [ -> ]Read this https://community.mybb.com/thread-73891.html
thanks for the support but this not what im looking for, i already created a css for each usergroup 

i want to know how to display the usergroup css under the thread

in the forumdisplay_thread

i have this:

<div class="author smalltext">by {$thread['profilelink']}</div>

should i replace "author smalltext" with a variable ?
(2021-02-26, 06:27 PM)beast Wrote: [ -> ]hi there, 

how to disaply the usergroup css under the thread

[Image: unknown.png]

you would use Lukasz's plugin: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=128 as that is you most precise and quickest way to accomplish this boardwide...

that should cover almost all username styling except for welcomeblock which can be solved with a quick core edit if desired:

in global.php

Find:

// Format the welcome back message
	$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $lastvisit);

change to:
	//$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $lastvisit);

$welcome_back_user = format_name($mybb->user['username'], $mybb->user['usergroup'], $mybb->user['displaygroup']);
     $lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back, build_profile_link($welcome_back_user, $mybb->user['uid']), $lastvisit);

one could also if say not wanting to use the plugin or gid methods and say only had a few specific users (say only a few staff members) that you wanted to style one could do so by targeting specific uid:

ie: uid-1 
/* uid-1 is an administrator so make it green, yep, green is good! */
.author a[href*="uid=1"]:visited,
.author a[href*="uid=1"]:link {
color: green !important; 
}

and you would simply copy and modify the above to the respective uid-#s you needed to style.... etc, etc

Just for an example sake:

Edit Template: forumbit_depth1_forum_lastpost

This:
{$lastpost_profilelink}

To that:
<span class="author">{$lastpost_profilelink}</span>

Edit Template: forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost

This:
{$lastpost_profilelink}

To that:
<span class="author">{$lastpost_profilelink}</span>

Edit Template: forumdisplay_thread

find:
<span class="lastpost smalltext">

change to that:
<span class="lastpost author smalltext">

etc, etc

Best of luck! Big Grin
ohh thanks man !
(2021-03-13, 02:23 AM)beast Wrote: [ -> ]ohh thanks man !

no worries, glad it may of helped Big Grin