MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Verifying the e-mail verification of a user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I hope you are all fine in these difficult times.

After running a search, I am still unable to find the answer to my question.
My forum is running 1.8.25 with the latest security fixes.

Login & Registration options are configured as Email activation & Administrator activation.

Users > Awaiting Activation shows 'Here you can manage users who are awaiting activation. Please note any user who is awaiting email activation will not need to confirm their email if they are activated here.'

How can I know a user has activated his e-mail please?

I would like to be able to check the e-mail has been activated before performing the administrator activation.

Would somebody be able to help me please?

Thank you.

- Tinkerbert
The only way to do that is using modcp, it will "Awaiting Email Activation" for those users who have not verified their emails. Smile
YOURFORUM/index.php?module=user-awaiting_activation

Edit: Also in admin CP it is "Awaiting Activation" Section inside Users and Groups

Regards
WallBB
WallBB,
thank you for your reply. Your points are good but they don't solve my problem.

At least, an administrator should be able to see if the user has clicked the e-mail link before validating the account manually in the Admin CP.
@WallBB : your post does not answer this point. My forum requires two steps : e-mail and administrator validation. It is in the original post.

WallBB : "Edit: Also in admin CP it is "Awaiting Activation" Section inside Users and Groups"
This list includes both users who have activated their e-mail address and those who have not. It seems there is no distinction between the two categories.

One idea :

It would be good to have two separation lists:
- one : users awaiting e-mail validation
- the other : users awaiting administrator activation

Users would be moved from "awaiting e-mail validation" to "users awaiting administrator activation" after clicking the link in the e-mail.
I never use the "e-mail and administrator validation", but I think it means the account can be validated by the user (email validation) OR by the administrator, there is no double activation.
So, having two list is impossible, you can only know which accounts are awaiting activation, no more.
(2021-02-28, 08:16 PM)Tinkerbert Wrote: [ -> ]WallBB,
thank you for your reply. Your points are good but they don't solve my problem.

At least, an administrator should be able to see if the user has clicked the e-mail link before validating the account manually in the Admin CP.
@WallBB : your post does not answer this point. My forum requires two steps : e-mail and administrator validation. It is in the original post.

WallBB : "Edit: Also in admin CP it is "Awaiting Activation" Section inside Users and Groups"
This list includes both users who have activated their e-mail address and those who have not. It seems there is no distinction between the two categories.

One idea :

It would be good to have two separation lists:
- one : users awaiting e-mail validation
- the other : users awaiting administrator activation

Users would be moved from "awaiting e-mail validation" to "users awaiting administrator activation" after clicking the link in the e-mail.

Hmm, I thought it would have separate distinction. I also see an issue with such a name at MyBB Github
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1569

This was resolved in PR #2486 (https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/2486)

Maybe you can re-open the issue?
(2021-02-28, 06:17 PM)Tinkerbert Wrote: [ -> ]How can I know a user has activated his e-mail please?

By the value of the final column (Type) in that listing (Users > Awaiting Activation). When it reads Awaiting Email Activation, the member has not yet verified their email. When it reads Awaiting Administrator Activation, their email has been verified.

I use this setting on a production forum and it works fine.
To me, the name implies double activation. I would like to have double activation.

(2021-02-28, 11:10 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]I never use the "e-mail and administrator validation", but I think it means the account can be validated by the user (email validation) OR by the administrator, there is no double activation.
So, having two list is impossible, you can only know which accounts are awaiting activation, no more.

(2021-03-01, 07:58 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 06:17 PM)Tinkerbert Wrote: [ -> ]How can I know a user has activated his e-mail please?

By the value of the final column (Type) in that listing (Users > Awaiting Activation). When it reads Awaiting Email Activation, the member has not yet verified their email. When it reads Awaiting Administrator Activation, their email has been verified.

I use this setting on a production forum and it works fine.

Very interesting point. What column are you referring to please?
Where can I see this column please?
(2021-03-01, 08:02 AM)Tinkerbert Wrote: [ -> ]Very interesting point. What column are you referring to please?

As I wrote, it's the final column in the listing, the column labelled "Type".

(2021-03-01, 08:02 AM)Tinkerbert Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I see this column please?

As I write, it's the final column in the listing to which you referred in your opening post: "Users" > "Awaiting Activation".
Thank you. It answers my question. Strange I missed it.
You're welcome. Not to worry about the miss - sometimes that just happens.
Pages: 1 2