MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Printable Version as pdf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simply curious if there has ever been a suggestion or consideration of say extending in (view printable mode -> Printable Version) say to add builtin function to export to pdf say just for an example using open source jspdf or something of the likes? thus allowing a fast way to say for example download tutorials as pdf or what not rather than say doing the browser click of print and  eventual click of save to pdf? Just a thought.
Not sure it's usefull, most OS allows to print to pdf, or virtual printers (as pdf creator) exists.
Adding this feature to MyBB will be a source of troubles, and makes the forum heavier for a really low usage.
(2021-02-28, 11:13 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure it's usefull, most OS allows to print to pdf, or virtual printers (as pdf creator) exists.
Adding this feature to MyBB will be a source of troubles, and makes the forum heavier for a really low usage.

valid and good points, I think why it came to mind for me is let me explain a scenario, often I am away from network connections, but still have the need to read content, thus I often find myself making all those extra clicks to print and save to pdf (that tend to in that format become filenames like printthread.php-1.pdf, printthread.php-2.pdf et, etc, getting confusing since it is not initial threadname title) so that I can then read those saved pdfs, during my offline times and when back on network then know what content I must respond, edit, expand upon, etc, etc... so for me while yes per os has said builtin in functions, those extra clicks per add up and for me a single click to pdf in the desired formatted output of mybb determination (hopefully a pdf as initial thread title thus much easier to comprehend when having a stack of pdfs to read) would be a handy time saving feature in those scenarios, thus when checking out jspdf proj awhile back the thought came to mind thus leading to the eventual thread here, haha, but yeah I do hear and understand the valid points you make.
It might be a good candidate as a plugin since it is a niche use.
These days browser Print addons make things much easier and I feel that is faster and easier.
Apart from browser addon, I think it would be a great addition as a MyBB plugin.
You can always print to PDF from any browser. This bloating is pointless.