MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Download Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2021-03-11, 04:20 AM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]What is the practical use of a CSV? I mean, why would users download in such format?

Mostly, for easy import into a spreadsheet app, I think.
I would assume there would be settings to remove such formats or to allow on a group basis? I myself would find useful to be able to download a CSV file of all threads in a forum, but that is me as the owner of the forum, I think it could be abused by regular users.
I agree with Laird that CSV is good for going into a spreadsheet. Spreadsheet would enable sorting also which would also be handy considering we are planning support for being able to download additional fields.

Omar Wrote:I would assume there would be settings to remove such formats or to allow on a group basis? I myself would find useful to be able to download a CSV file of all threads in a forum, but that is me as the owner of the forum, I think it could be abused by regular users.

We could consider allowing downloading of all threads in a specific forum. This would definitely require using a zip file because each thread should be it's own file imo. I think for practicality that would be best to be in the Admin CP and add to the Forums and Posts module. It could then have an admin permission for it.
If you add support for xThreads fields you would save me the trouble of coding something myself Big Grin
I will see what we can do. I'll probably have to borrow code from my Recent Threads on Index Plugin since I know that integrates Xthreads.
Version 1.3 has been released.

New fixes/features:
  • Bugfix: soft-deleted/draft/unapproved posts were being included in the download.
  • Adds CSV as a download format.
  • Adds plain text as a download format.
  • Adds a dropdown menu for format selection.
  • Adds an icon for the thread download action bottom-left of page.
  • Zips up the file before download.
Pages: 1 2