MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is Possible to make custom css for the help docs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i am trying to make custom css for my help docs but can't seem to find the location for it
I know here i can add & remove help docs
(2021-03-03, 06:35 PM)Lasse Wrote: [ -> ]Hello i am trying to make custom css for my help docs but can't seem to find the location for it
I know here i can add & remove help docs

While you edit help pages in the acp:  Home » Configuration » Help Documents

the defined templates are actually:

Your Template Set » Miscellaneous Templates

misc_help*

[Image: Template-Sets.png]

So yes, in theory you could edit desired templates in said templates and define desired css styling to such in your stylesheet....

for overall help templates styling...

[Image: Forums-Help-Documents.png]

you also could say define certain styled elements within the the individual documents while editing: "Edit Document (ID #) Document *" and set those definitions in your respective stylesheet, BUT, apparently there has been reports as of late of this particular issue where applied changes in said document do not apply/work, (just tried it myself and noticed the same) so that issue would most likely need to be sorted out as far as getting back to say document id # document * changes to work, so....

... for now you could simply report the issue to the mybb staff as a potential bug here in this section: https://community.mybb.com/forum-157.html for example here is an existing report of the same type of issue: https://community.mybb.com/thread-230142.html and then in the meantime as a workaround rather than wait for an official provided solution to that issue of changes to documents not being applied when editing via acp..., simply edit the lang files for the time being...

helpdocs.lang.php
helpsections.lang.php

[Image: Forums-Help-Documents-1.png]

OR,  you can simply make dbs functionality work again by say forcing it to pull your changes from dbs rather than pull from lang file by running these two sql updates to respective in phpmyadmin:

UPDATE `mybb_helpsections` SET `usetranslation` = '0';

UPDATE `mybb_helpdocs` SET `usetranslation` = '0';

[Image: Forums-Help-Documents.png]
(2021-03-04, 02:36 AM)Mastersly Wrote: [ -> ]

Quote:So yes, in theory you could edit desired templates in said templates and define desired css styling to such in your stylesheet....

for overall help templates styling... you also could say define certain styled elements within the the individual documents while editing: "Edit Document (ID #) Document *" and set those definitions in your respective stylesheet, BUT*

* even after noting that there is a difference in outer containing content styling via templates for help docs and the very different contained within docs, do you notice the usage of all caps for the  "BUT" Wink

Quote:BUT, apparently there has been reports as of late of this particular issue where applied changes in said document do not apply/work, (just tried it myself and noticed the same) so that issue would most likely need to be sorted out as far as getting back to say document id # document * changes to work, so....

The op asked for the styling of "docs" not just say the templates the docs are then outputted/housed to and anyone that currently has tried to edit not templates that then encompass the doc the user edits and saves to dbs but the actual "doc" in acp will find that those edits do not display and this issue has been reported by other users (example to recreate issue, install fresh mybb via localhost, edit existing default help docs in acp, visit frontend and see that no changes are reflected / example to temp resolve issue, apply sql updates provided in phpmyadmin, go to acp and edit default help document and visit frontend, notice changes are applied). So regardless if the user styles outer content styling for the outer content styling via say a tutorial or self knowledge that is not styling the doc to be inserted into such the op will notice upon applying any edits to help "doc" ("doc"completely different content than its surrounding templates and styling that most tutorials are teaching about) that the edited help doc in acp as noted does not output to frontend display so the fact remains that issue with acp edit doc will still be present thus not displaying said desired edits so the edited doc styling not displaying is the real question in the first place and since there is an issue/bug specific to editing the doc in acp to frontend with the fact that it is pulling display from lang file rather than dbs thus not displaying any changes applied to dbs via acp with that, then with the realization that there is said issue then and the realization that the question is not about css instruction anymore until issue is sorted but how to make changes applied take effect if editing the docs itself not the templates that encompass the docs and said changes made to docs edited in acp be displayed then question becomes how to do so with said issue now reported by several users..., thus the already provided and explained workarounds provided above applying to the actual question pertaining to existing reported issue and how to display the changes the op is attempting to make in acp edits as css tutorial or none, the changes wont be applied to docs, (notice i keep repeating the "docs" for a reason to emphasize the issue is applying styling or any other changes to docs not any other container type styling not affected by this issue) without implementing a workaround like editing via lang files with the knowledge that each core update will overwrite such or instead simply applying the sql queries provided previously and now below to force the dbs edits to display instead of lang file content thus being the more logical workaround for now until such a time as an official solution is provided to sort such out.

ie:
UPDATE `mybb_helpsections` SET `usetranslation` = '0';

UPDATE `mybb_helpdocs` SET `usetranslation` = '0';