MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add prefix without edit post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

Is it possible to enable or install a working plugin to allow Admins & moderators to apply a prefix to a post from a user without having to edit the users post first?

I already tried a pluign but dosent seem to be working. i Still have to open the users post and click edit to add prefix to it.
(2021-03-04, 07:43 PM)Lasse Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

Is it possible to enable or install a working plugin to allow Admins & moderators to apply a prefix to a post from a user without having to edit the users post first?

I already tried a pluign but dosent seem to be working. i Still have to open the users post and click edit to add prefix to it.

have you tried https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=159 for mods only.

ie:

Quote:Allows moderators to apply a thread prefix to thread(s) without having to edit the first post of that thread.

To use, you just select the Apply Thread Prefix option from the Moderation Options menu in a thread or from the Inline Thread Moderation in a forum, select the desired prefix (please note no menu will show up if there are no prefixes available for that forum) and click Apply Thread Prefix. Whenever prefixes are applied, the action is logged in the Moderator Log.

This plugin offers full language support.
When there is a need for modification now or then, why not edit the prefix in database directly!?
If you can access a database administration tool (phpMyAdmin, adminer.php etc), insert the specific "prefix" ID into table mybb_threads. This can be done invisible with no official edit/fingerprint.

Nevertheless, mind the following!
An administrative modification like this will be an intentionally modification of user content!
So why not going the ethic way and edit the first thread with a comment describing this edit?

[ETS]
(2021-03-04, 11:32 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]Nevertheless, mind the following!
An administrative modification like this will be an intentionally modification of user content!
So why not going the ethic way and edit the first thread with a comment describing this edit?

[ETS]

that is a good point, and I could see where failure to do such without supplying a clearly visible notation/reason may annoy user's seeing it as say an unexplained willful invasion of their content, though that makes me curious if say one was to use such a plugin that does not adhere to say that mindset, could not the site admin appease the user base and apply an overall notice wherever of choice that clearly marks moderation policy, methodology and intent that at times there will be such possibles of hidden content management by moderation staff thus such a general notice would ease user frustration while still making the usage of such plugin still ethical in nature as the user thus duly notified and is aware of community tos/aup and moderation type practices then they really have the choice to maintain usage of services or not based upon such knowledge, thus say then for study purposes adding a delete account plugin may quickly allow a site admin to see if such site practices are costing them users? Just a thought...