MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sharing ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

Sorry for keep posting and stuff but im new and try to learn constanly

Is it possible i can give 2 peapol access to edit / add new categories and stuff without being able to deal with the html css etc?

So its only categories and normal admin stuff
(2021-03-04, 08:21 PM)Lasse Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

Sorry for keep posting and stuff but im new and try to learn constanly

Is it possible i can give 2 peapol access to edit / add new categories and stuff without being able to deal with the html css etc?

So its only categories and normal admin stuff

Well yes, you can give users access to specific areas in the Admin CP. Under Users & Groups there is an admin permissions section where you can limit say super moderatorss that have access to the ACP to specific areas, such as manage & create forums etc, etc....

ie:

Home » User Groups » Edit User Group » General Moderation/Administration Options » check Yes, users of this group can access the admin CP

then select in the left menu Home » Admin Permissions » Group Permissions » Edit Permissions: etc, etc...
Thanks alot Smile Thats what i was looking for Big Grin
When you give other people access to the admincp even with limited permissions set yourself as supper admin first so they can't mess with your account and possibly lock you out open /inc/config.php and find
$config['super_admins'] = '1'; // your userid

do not share such access with anyone.