MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migrating from the old to the new
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an older myBB that stopped working because the ISP dropped php 5.6 and went to php 7.2.

If I install a fresh (separate) instance of myBB from my cPanel, are there any db migration scripts that will populate the new tables with data from the old?  

And for the attachments do I just copy the contents of the uploads folder?

Thanks

So, made a copy of the existing forum folder and the database, and followed the upgrade instructions.

Did not see any blog posts so used the install page url, and it came up with this

MyBB is already installed

Welcome to the installation wizard for MyBB 1.8.25. MyBB has detected it is already configured in this directory.

Please choose a suitable action below:

Upgrade my existing copy of MyBB to 1.8.25 (Recommended)
This option will upgrade your current version of MyBB to MyBB 1.8.25.

You should choose this option when you wish to retain your current forum threads, posts, users and other information.

NOTE: DID NOT SEE ANY drop down lists asking what version of MyBB you're upgrading from, so went ahead and clicked on the Upgrade to MyBB 1.8.25 button, and it gave this error message

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'xxxxxx_xxxx.mybbsettings' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT value, name FROM mybbsettings ORDER BY title ASC
You don't really need to create a separate copy of the forum, just take a backup first in case it needs to be restored. Have you changed your database details in ./inc/config.php at any point? It sounds like either the copied forum has the wrong database details set or the tables haven't been copied. It easier to upgrade the existing forum in situ (after taking a backup) than copying it.
Did the in-place update as you suggested, and the upgrade completed successfully.

Went to the url and it was still downloading the index.php file, but after about 10 minutes the site came up as expected - it must have been a cache issue.

Thanks for the assistance!

The site is working fine, but if I put index.php at the end of the URL it downloads that file.

Any ideas what might be causing this?
(2021-03-05, 02:23 PM)jtapp Wrote: [ -> ]Did the in-place update as you suggested, and the upgrade completed successfully.

Went to the url and it was still downloading the index.php file, but after about 10 minutes the site came up as expected - it must have been a cache issue.

Thanks for the assistance!

The site is working fine, but if I put index.php at the end of the URL it downloads that file.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

In your AdminCP, there is no need to have the index.php in the website settings.

Just leave that part off. Use "https://mywebsite.com" Do NOT add  /index.php to the end of the URL.
Sounds like something is misconfigured on the server as it should be running PHP files, not downloading them. Is it only with index.php?