MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox Activation Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the necessary files being uploaded through ftp. From the adminisration panel/plug in control, I try to activate it. Receiving the following error:
MySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax near '; ' at line 10
Query: CREATE TABLE mybb_shouts ( sid smallint unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, uid smallint unsigned NOT NULL default '0', username varchar(120) NOT NULL default '', message text NOT NULL default '', dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (sid) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

Anybody can guide me about this?
Out of interest, can you post what version of mySQL is installed on your server?
musicalmidget Wrote:Out of interest, can you post what version of mySQL is installed on your server?

Big Grin

MyBB Version: 1.2.1 PHP Version: 4.1.2
DB Version: MySQL 3.23.49
Attached to this post is another shoutbox.php file. Try uploading the file to your inc/plugins/ directory, overwriting the existing file. Then see if the plugin activates. Smile
musicalmidget Wrote:Attached to this post is another shoutbox.php file.  Try uploading the file to your inc/plugins/ directory, overwriting the existing file.  Then see if the plugin activates. Smile

Thanks a bunch. I'm having some connection problems with my ftp at the moment. Soon as i get there, will try and let you know. Thanks again.
okanus Wrote:
musicalmidget Wrote:Attached to this post is another shoutbox.php file.  Try uploading the file to your inc/plugins/ directory, overwriting the existing file.  Then see if the plugin activates. Smile

Thanks a bunch. I'm having some connection problems with my ftp at the moment. Soon as i get there, will try and let you know. Thanks again.

Yes it works, how can I thank you. I didn't check the difference between the two php files yet. Sure there is a difference.Big Grin
Basically removed the ; that was causing the problem. It doesn't seem to be necessary anyhow.

Glad everything is working as expected. Smile
I am glad that I have my own shoutbox, custom designed. :-)