MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Max Server Load After Changing NIX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was having issues off and on the other day with some forums I'm doing with the "max server load".  I searched the forums and came across changing the NIX in settings and in the backend.  They both were already set to 0, so I changed it to 5.  No change.  Changed it back to 0 and still not loading.  

Is there a way to find out what is causing this?  

**It isn't the host.  I have another folder with mybb and it loads perfectly fine.  I checked with my host as well and they say everything is fine on their end and no overload.
Don't have the answer, but have questions.

What MyBB version are we talking?  What theme?  What plugins?  What is the ACP server load when this happens?  Can you confirm - by cli access for example?

On the last point, the ACP reports the 1 minute avg on 'nix systems, which may or may not be an issue.  The 5 and 15 minute averages are more important IMO.  But if your NIX settings are disabled (0) in the ACP, would suspect something else.  My first troubleshooting move would be to disable all plugins.  Either via the ACP (General Configuration) or .../inc/settings.php for a temporary change:

$settings['no_plugins'] = "1";

cheers...
What did the debug stats in the footer say the server load actually was? That setting rejects users if the server load is high, it doesn't affect the server load itself.

Also, you've said "I was having issues off and on the other day" but I'm not clear on what the issues actually were?