MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Help] Anti-flood for threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in very big trouble now. Last week, a user registered on my forum and posted an advertising thread in a inappropriate forum. I moved it to the appropriate forum. Then the next day, two similar users registered and then posted a lot of advertising threads in inappropriate froums. I banned their account and ip addresses urgently. I have opened Stop Forum Spam, and confirmed that they are the real ip addresses.

I thought this matter has come to the end of a stage. It may be due to retaliation. Today they came back again, using gmail, outlook and other suffixed mail address and changing ip to register my froum and post a lot of advertising threads. 

My forum is close to being overwhelmed by advertising threads. Any help? Rolleyes

Thanks in advance!

I just limited the number of posts per day for the "registered" user group, and now the situation has improved somewhat Big Grin
Good to hear. Smile

We all moderate boards differently, but I found restricting the posting of URL's until a certain post threshold helps quite a bit.  Denying new users from posting links - and the resultant referral.  Think that's how many monetise their efforts.  Sure, many will press on with text-like links - thisisspamDOTcom - but sure puts a crimp in their efforts.  And legitimate members are far less enticed until our moderators can deal with the problem account.

We use @Crazycat's plugin with other measures quite effectively for our board:

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1264
(2021-03-15, 10:21 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear. Smile

We all moderate boards differently, but I found restricting the posting of URL's until a certain post threshold helps quite a bit.  Denying new users from posting links - and the resultant referral.  Think that's how many monetise their efforts.  Sure, many will press on with text-like links - thisisspamDOTcom - but sure puts a crimp in their efforts.  And legitimate members are far less enticed until our moderators can deal with the problem account.

We use @Crazycat's plugin with other measures quite effectively for our board:

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1264

Nice to see such a good plugin!  Big Grin
Thank you very much! thanks a lot!  Heart