MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Undefined Index Errors In Error Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I saw a error log in my forum root and it was big. There's so many undefined index errors.;

Why is it happening? Because I change my php version from 5.6 to 7.0? My forum adress is www.japan-fans.com

Thank you.
They are caused by code quality issues that shouldn't cause problems, but are expected to be fixed in MyBB 1.8.x (https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/4138).
(2021-03-15, 07:58 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]They are caused by code quality issues that shouldn't cause problems, but are expected to be fixed in MyBB 1.8.x (https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/4138).

Thanks for your reply, but there's no other way to block it now? Because error_log file is creating in my root and it's big.
By default, MyBB attempts to override the configuration by disabling certain types of errors, including Notices. If that wasn't changed by editing core files or by plugins, you can verify it in the Admin CP's Tools & Maintenance → View PHP Info, where the Local Value (set by MyBB) of the error_reporting Directive should be 21495.

You can also enable and check MyBB's own error logs (Configuration → Settings → Server and Optimization Options) - if the file does contain Notice errors, it may indicate the the override doesn't work; it it doesn't, it's possible that server logs don't take the Local Value into account (and maybe the Master Value, configured in PHP/web server files).
(2021-03-16, 06:32 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]By default, MyBB attempts to override the configuration by disabling certain types of errors, including Notices. If that wasn't changed by editing core files or by plugins, you can verify it in the Admin CP's Tools & Maintenance → View PHP Info, where the Local Value (set by MyBB) of the error_reporting Directive should be 21495.

You can also enable and check MyBB's own error logs (Configuration → Settings → Server and Optimization Options) - if the file does contain Notice errors, it may indicate the the override doesn't work; it it doesn't, it's possible that server logs don't take the Local Value into account (and maybe the Master Value, configured in PHP/web server files).

I checked PHP info and Local is 32765, master is 32767. error_reporting($error_types); line is written in class_error.php